**** FINISHED: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: Fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell
Extras: Arrow Graphics decals

The subject will be P/9754, 162(BR)SQN. flown by RCAF pilot Flt.Lt David Hornell V.C.(Posthumously) against U-1225.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

My thanks to all who offered advice, comments and support and once again, my extreme thanks to the judges for the extension..

Geo

Last edited by a moderator:
With my knackered, bent and twisted hands, I can't do a 'thumbs up', so you'll have to imagine it George - that's a cracker mate !

you know I'm crushing the badly damaged aircraft but leave occasionally see such a nice plane, like clean is very nice to see great work, my congratulations

Haven't been following the GB sorry, but that looks damn good to me Geo!

LOVED seeing the PBY-5A (G-PBYA) recently at the Airwaves airshow in Portrush, Northern Ireland. Undercarriage and wingtip floats were extended and retracted during part of the display: wingtip floats took about 5 seconds to fully extend, same to retract, and (don't know if this was usual for the type, or just for the display) nose gear was fully retracted first, then starboard side main gear, and a few seconds later the port side gear.(Just some useless trivia for yas, I thought it was interesting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back