**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All I can say at this point Geo is be VERY careful handling this one and don't let Sergio's cat near it.

Thanks for the encouragement gents.
All I can say at this point Geo is be VERY careful handling this one and don't let Sergio's cat near it.

You've got that right. If this thing falls on the floor and breaks into a dozen pieces, you will see the 6 required photos of those dozen pieces laying on the floor. Constantly realigning the antennae when it occurred to me, why not wait until the photo shoot and straighten them out once. Decals are done on the port side with no more drama.

Geo

Last edited:
Just so's ya knows that I'm still working on it and not trolling the Web for the finished shots of the same model another guy did...

004.JPG

...two more 3mm decals and then I can attach the tail to wing-tips aerials and props, do final touch-ups(note starboard wing tip) and then PHOTOS

Thanks Dr. Gnomey and Michael. I was about to put the props on and noticed that Arrow Graphics called for the hubs to be painted black, which I did. As I was checking the location of the Maple Leaf decal on the original photo at the start of this thread(on the decal sheet but not on the photo and neither is the "P") I noticed that the hub looks silverish to me so I repainted it. Final photo of the thread in about an hour, "Done" photos to follow.

Geo

Last edited:
YEEAAHHH

Gentlemen, may I present, "Mary K"...

009.JPG

...what are my builds without drama? The last stages caused some grief, but I won't blame the kit or the decals and in the end, I've got a reproduction of some Canadian history and a model that I've wanted to do for a long time. After the Bluejays game I'll get the ****DONE photos and then back to my teeny tiny I-16. A huge thank you to the judges for the extension.

Geo

EDIT: forgot to install the freakin' radio direction finder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back