1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SANCER

Senior Master Sergeant
Aug 21, 2014
México City
It's an old Monogran kit, to which I hope to get the most out of it and do the honors it deserves.

The Box Art:

1.jpg

I have several options, because I want to make a captured aircraft, so, on the fly we will adapt to the most viable option.

This will be my first participation in the GB group, I hope it will be the first of several participations.

Saludos a todos desde La Ciudad de México :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A little of her history.
The Heinkel He 111 was a German aircraft designed by the brothers Siegfried and Walter Günter in the early 1930s. Often described as a wolf in sheep's clothing, he posed as a transport aircraft, but his purpose was to provide a bomber half to the Luftwaffe, violating the treaty of Versailles.

Perhaps the most famous German bomber is recognized as a distinctive "greenhouse" glazed nose of more modern versions, the He was the Luftwaffe's main and most numerous bomber during the initial stages of World War II. Until the Battle of England, where its weak defensive armament, low speed and reduced maneuverability, were exposed. However, it proved to be able to withstand serious damage and stay in flight.

As the war progressed, the He 111 was used in a variety of functions on all fronts of European theater. It was used as a strategic bomber during the Battle of Britain, as a torpedo aircraft during the Battle of the Atlantic, and as a medium bomber and transport aircraft in the Western, Eastern, Mediterranean, Middle East, and North African countries.

Although it was constantly improved, the Heinkel became obsolete during the latter part of the war. It was to be replaced by the Bombardier B project of the Luftwaffe, but the delays and the subsequent cancellation of the project forced the German air force to continue using the He 111 until the end of the war. Its manufacture ceased in 1944, it was largely in the course that took the war the production of bombers with piston engines was largely stopped in favor of the fighters. She was used for transport and logistics with the disappearance of the German bomber force.

This design by Heinkel lasted after the war with CASA 2.111, produced under license in Spain by Construcciones Aeronáuticas S.A. and that it is a unique difference of the German in the engines. The descendant of He 111 continued in service until 1973, when he was retired. (source: Wikipedia)

:thumbup:

Thanks Andy, I thank you very much for the invitation. I'm here because of you.
Gracias amigo, a disfrutar de éste GB :thumbup:

Looking at it from that point of view, you're right, my dear Canadian compadre. :laughing6:

Soon I return with the photos I am preparing to share the 4 main versions that I have in mind for this kit.

Taking as my main interest, … now that I am ready to start my 2nd He-111, I look for different schemes to those that have these German bombers. And I leaned for planes captured during the war. And each one of them will surely have interesting stories to tell.
There are 4 main alternatives that called my interest. (3 captured and 1 Romanian)

1.- Captured by the Russians. (I like the winter touch of the scheme)

1A.jpg
1B.jpg

2.- Captured by the English. opc.1 (I like the color that yellow gives)

2A.jpg
2B.jpg
2C.jpg
2D.jpg

3.- Captured by the English. opc.2 (I like the gray tone with the greens and the question mark)

3A.jpg
3B.jpg
3C.jpg

I did not find more images and I do not know what are the top and bottom views of these schemes.
If anyone could share photos or images of these views, I thank you in advance.

The order of personal interest is the numerical sequence (1, 2, 3 and 4)
I return with the Romanian images.

Attachments

• 2E.jpg
    2E.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 225
The fourth and last option is the scheme of Romanian Corpul 1 Aerien

4A.jpg
4B.jpg
4C.jpg
4D.jpg

In the same way I did not find more images or diagrams of what the design is like and colors from the top and bottom views.

Going deeper into the chosen option and what it implies, we can touch the themes of colors, particular details of the aircraft, decals, and its history.

For the time being I can go ahead with cleaning and joining the pieces that allow me to do so.
I am in Metepec, Toluca, but I brought homework to be able to overtake during free time.

Thank you for visiting, your comments and what they can contribute to the cause.

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back