1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that "with so much insistence and so little resistance" I will take the recommendation of Terry supported by all of you and I will use only one Primer for the whole plane.
I have the light gray XF-66; sky gray XF-19, but then I think it will be more appropriate to use the small bottle that I have of Tamiya's liquid Surface Primer and make it yield by diluting it a bit with T. Lacquer Thinner.

I think this last one will be the most correct, do not believe?

The time begins to urge and better I leave my experiment for another occasion.

Gracias a todos y saludos

Thanks fellas

Continuing with the preparations to be able to begin with the painting ... how many details and more details have arisen ...!!

For the windows I used Micro Mask and in my intention to save time, I applied it to all and I was "turning" the airplane to been applied in the following ones and avoiding that the "possible" excess "spill" ... it was funny, ... because everything went well.
It would not have been nice if it had not turned out like that !!

Additional detail on the horizontal stabilizers and the "elevator tabs' rudders" (I do not know if they are called like this)

The tailfin, before and after working on it.

The masking of the landing light ...

Ready the sponges in the upper turret and mainweel bays ...

What has been a stone in the a ... , has been the semi-retractable tailweel and its shock-absorb ... ... it's a piece too fragile, it has come off several times and is about to break!
On this occasion "additionally" to how sensible the piece is, when I placing extreme care with small pieces of sponge, that part of the fuselage separated a little bit. So I had to rejoin it with ETC ...

It is a latent uncertainty how I will be able to fix with certainty that piece, once I put the tire and have to hold on to the floor (I know that it is not very heavy that rear load, but that piece is very weak)

Something will arise ...
For now I hope to start painting!

Saludos

Great work on the canopy area. The RAF Trainer Yellow was roughly equivalent to FS 33538 which Vallejo list as Golden Yellow #71.078. As for the decals, if you haven't hooked up with any yet, I'll go through my stash

Great work on the canopy area. The RAF Trainer Yellow was roughly equivalent to FS 33538 which Vallejo list as Golden Yellow #71.078. As for the decals, if you haven't hooked up with any yet, I'll go through my stash
Thanks for the comments Geo, for the advise of the painting of Vallejo and sure it would be formidable that you will count with those decals that I mentioned in post # 461.
I thank you in advance friend.

If this is the version you are doing...

...I'm afraid all I have is the fuselage decals which you are welcome to...

Geo, that is the very approximate measurement of the waist decal.
In fact it is the most complicated to do manually with tape and circular cutter, for the amount of circles.
What do you suggest to receive them? What have you done on other occasions?
I pay for the shipment and what you require.

Thank you very much my friend.

The application of the Primer in the whole airplane ...

In the joints of the wings and the rear stabilizers, made a "strange" pulverized, similar to a sandy finish! ... so I had to pass different sandpapers to solve this strange.

Now that I was with sandpaper in my hands ..., better I passed sandpaper to all the bomber to leave all the smooth surface and ready for the color!
I like how all the details look on the skin ...

... for the exterior painting, I'm going to follow the same procedure that I used for the first time in my B-25G and that was distinguished with a special prize.

B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

This will be my second attempt, so I will be careful to do a good job, it is more laborious than I did in my past models, but the results (and more in large aircraft) is a big difference.

Let's see how she treats me tonight and tomorrow I show you the results.

Greetings.

Looking good!
That "sandy " finish often happens at the wingroots when airbrushing, something about the airflow. Sometimes you can rub it off with your finger as soon as the paint is dry to the touch, if not using sandpaper like you did takes care if it. Someone else here might know an airbrushing trick to prevent it from happening in the first place. I would sure like to know if there is one.

Good comment Glenn, my fear of passing my finger with the newly applied paint, made me believe that paint would be "smashed" and it was best to wait for it to dry, then pass to the sandpaper.
I share your interest in knowing if someone else has an explanation and how to avoid this in the future.

Gracias y saludos

Good idea Andy, yesterday at night I started painting, I diluted a bit more my mix, but it was only about 20% thinner and I used the usual on large surfaces of 20-25 PSI.
It was far less the "sandy", but the truth is that in the next, I will try what Chad and you have worked for.

Thanks for sharing.

With a little time later, I will continue reading the link. They seem to be very useful tips to keep improving in the painting stage.
Thanks for sharing Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread