1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

viejo necesitas fotos del interior tengo las de la reconstruccionde un casa 2111 en getafe!!!

great job of detail luis

Gracias Sergio, me pueden servir para complementar las referencias que tengo.

I thank you, now that I got into this odyssey.

Saludos hasta La Madre Patria.

Looks really good there, much better then what I've got done on mine so far.....
You flatter me with your comment, my dear nsmekanik.
As the saying goes: "practice makes perfect" and in that process we are all those who like this.
Do the same as me, just try what you've seen from other fellow modelers. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, that I will gladly "try" to answer.

A hug from México

Yesterday night I started working on opening the windows of the bomb bay ...

... and everything was going very well,... ... until the enthusiasm won me and I overreached, getting closer "too much" with the Dremel, and what I did not want to happen ... it happened !!

In fact, the windows originally drawn in the bomb bay, are slightly larger than those that are open at the waist (I do not know if that is correct, or a mistake of the kit), and I only realized until I finished opening completely the first of the four.

The first thing that occurred to me was to re-fill the damaged areas with the Tamiya putty.
This error hurt me a lot ...

Then I thought that I could have done the same thing in different ways and I could have avoided coming to this.

But it is clear to me once again that the experience is more meritorious, when you learn from mistakes and alternatives arise to prevent it from happening again.

Although it has already happened all night, I am going to leave the putty like that, while I advance in other parts of the process. And also I reconsider better on how to address this (I have thought as an extreme case, to re-patch or cover the windows again and start again ... but I must analyze other options before)
This is where I appeal again to this great family of expert modelers and they can advise me on some (or several) options.

While attending other sections or starting to paint the cockpit, I thank you all in advance for your time and interest in getting involved in this process.

Excelente día para todos.

Last edited:
I would do the repair using the model plastic or with plastic card. I think you will find that trying to get a sharp edge for the window in the putty will be hard if not impossible. The plastic patch should be "welded" into the kit plastic as much as possible using a liquid glue that melts the plastic so that you can smooth it to the original fuselage shape and then cut a new window in the patch. Dremels are very harsh tools. Not only do they remove a lot of material but they also tend to soften, even melt the plastic due to the friction involved with the high speed of the bit. Fine for removing a lot of material but once the work becomes more delicate then I would put the thing away and use a scalpel and files.

Good work Luis.
I agree with Andy regarding the use of the Dremmel.
When opening windows or hatches, I normally drill a series of small holes around the circumference, inside the area to be opened, and then cut along the line of holes, using a scalpel blade and thin saw blade.
The remaining material is then trimmed, and then filed and sanded to the finished shape.

Thank you very much Andy and Terry, I think it will be the most sensible option. And it is more clear to me, after the clear explanation and congruence of both, and I imagined that it would be the most extreme option, now I understand that it is the most viable.

And as I plan to make the windows with PET (as in my B-25), I can prepare the terrain better.

I think that I am even thinking about a slightly larger surgery and replace each of the two spaces occupied by the windows with a rectangle that covers the size of that panel that contains the two windows on each side. I'm going to analyze it well.

Muchísimas gracias mis amigos expertos

Andy has definitely nailed it, original strips of plastic are the best first option as this will blend perfectly and once sanded and reshaped you wont even know you modified it.
So it will be, Wayne, I will use the same branches of the kit, to recreate the panels that I will replace.
But I think it will be on the weekend, I have not been able to work on our AW177, due to work issues in my business ...

Saludos mis amigos

Looking good Luis! I love all the extra details you have added so far.

As another option for fixing the windows, if you were to replace the panel containing the windows, perhaps it could be made from clear styrene sheet. The windows could be made by placing simple masks to be removed after painting, eliminating tedious cutting and trying to place individual windows without marring them. I look forward to your solution.

Chad

I'm glad your visit Chad.

I have not been able to do anything to our AW177 for different reasons and among them I did a "deep" cleaning and rearrangement to my workbench área, eliminating several things that I do not occupy by sending them to the garage or trash can.

Your proposal for the windows is very valid. It will only be a matter of shaping the styrene sheets and even inside reinforce the union with strips in the form of ribs (as is usually the interior).
It seems to be less complicated to have the windows. I think that's what I'll try.

Saludos amigo

Hello everyone, I can finally share with you some of the little that I have been able to advance in our AW177.

Between difficulties of work and collection , to distract myself I took advantage of doing something for "my therapeutic enclosure" and since I moved to this part of the house I had not done a deep cleaning.

I hope that it stays that way for a while !!

I take this opportunity to show you my great arsenal waiting for turn and some of the finished models.

Well, excuse the presumption, but going back to our business ...

I decided to also add a little spaghetti on this side ...

I used a can of Tamiya AS-29, as Primer to give a first layer to all the metallic wires (pretending that the next layer of paint has better grip - I do not know if I said it well-)

After applying the color RLM66, I used a light gray diluted, to give a little light ...

This is all for now, I am about to start with the painted details with brush inside the office.

On the other hand I began to see the assembly of the landing gear ... and it seems that it will be another great challenge because of the way in which all the pieces that integrate it into its spaces must be prostrated.
Also start landing that surgery on the windows panels to replenish.

Well, there's a lot to keep doing ...

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread