1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guys, I would like to take a straw poll. Hope you can help me out.

In about 70% of the photos of p-38's I have looked at which are parked they have the rear ladder deployed. Should I have it deployed or retracted? What say you. My only concern would be breaking it off during the build.

Just my personal build practice, I always tack on those fragile bits just before the final finish coat. Usually break off some putting them on the shelf anway. My vote. Down.

Okay so here are some shots of the ladder. You can see where the red arrow is there is this strip that does not allow me to push the ladder through the slot. I was thinking of shaving this off and pushing the ladder through when the upper and lower fuselage halves are glued together. I included a shot of how it mounts on the aircraft per the instructions.

IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg

I seem to recall having a similar problem and just decided to modify the ladder so I could shove it in when the build was finished. I was not bothered about folding it away and just secured it in place where it still sits nicely. :D

I seem to recall having a similar problem and just decided to modify the ladder so I could shove it in when the build was finished. I was not bothered about folding it away and just secured it in place where it still sits nicely. :D
Thanks Vic. But as I flipped through the instructions Tamiya shows the ladder being added near the end of the build in step 43. What the heck??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back