1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The covering can be noticed in the image as well ..

318th_FG_1st_Lt._Robert_H_Amon_shown_inspecting_the_tail_boom_of_his.jpg

the source: 1st Lt Robert H. Amon from 318th FG inspecting damaged tail boom of his P-38 | World War Photos

Looking great Dave, as for the ladder it's one of the last things to go on. The thing I wasn't happy about is the gear struts sticking out while the plane goes through build. I ended up breaking both sides off despite trying to be careful. Most things that will break off are held to the very end.

Looking great. Love that cockpit.

Looking great Dave, as for the ladder it's one of the last things to go on. The thing I wasn't happy about is the gear struts sticking out while the plane goes through build. I ended up breaking both sides off despite trying to be careful. Most things that will break off are held to the very end.

Looking great. Love that cockpit.
Thanks Don. Yeah the struts are definitely a pain point for this build. One of them popped off when I laid the boom down on the landing gear side and I had to glue it back on. I am just about finished the booms. Just have to sand away the connection lines on the radiators ie where the side pieces join the bottom piece and those will be done. As you may know I am notoriously slow. For last heavy hitters build I had to ask for an extension. This build is going very fast so should get it done well before the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back