1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

Andy, yeah I think Tamiya made an error in the instructions here because looking at the instructions at this stage it says fit the ladder either up or down. However, looking at the instructions near the end of the build it says to add the ladder if in the down position. I think they were trying to say, in the earlier instructions, to add the ladder at this stage if it will be retracted because once the top and bottom fuselage halves are in place you definitely cannot fit the ladder in the retracted position.

Thanks Wayne. I completed the internals on the right boom and will post some pics later today. I think the whole assembly is like 13 pieces? I also discovered some ghost seams on the nose area sides so had to fill and sand those areas again. Was at it till 11:30 last night and afterward I threw myself in bed, too tired to take pictures and post. Work is busy today.

Here is the internals on the right boom. No extra plumbing or wiring added. The part looks great without it Total part count for this assembly is 13.

IMG_0598x600c.jpg

IMG_0599x600.jpg

IMG_0600x600.jpg
IMG_0603x600.JPG

Last edited:
Guys, Can anyone point me to or post some good pictures of the booms of this aircraft. In looking at restorations they looks to be riveted 360 degrees with not line down the centre of the boom. Here's a picture of the one of the booms during a restoration. This boom even has rivets along the join line in the kit. I was going to fill them top and bottom.

D71_1020-John-Parker-photo-Rob-Greinert-P-38-Restorations-July-13-2015-678x381.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back