1/48 OS2U Kingfisher, Aussie bird.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It has taken far too long, but here it is, calling this one finished! I think I must have picked up a series of cold/flu's as I am still having symptoms. This latest is marked by extreme pain in the joints, when I get up in the mornings I have to take a cocktail of pain killers just to walk.
But enough about that.
I had a lot of fun researching this one and am glad to have learned more about the Australians that flew these machines on endless patrols.
This one is the first aircraft of the Squadron, A48-1 done in the markings when first entered into service. Many of the Kingfishers recieved different paint and markings over a long career, the last being retired in 1953.
Thanks for looking in!

king7.jpg

king8.jpg

Great job Paul, very nicely done. It's crying out to be placed in a dock or slipway diorama methinks .....

Thank you! This was a tribute to all the Australians that guarded the coastlines when everything was at stake to preserve freedom.

I think I must have picked up a series of cold/flu's as I am still having symptoms. This latest is marked by extreme pain in the joints, when I get up in the mornings I have to take a cocktail of pain killers just to walk.

I had no idea Paul. Aches and pains are not easy to deal with. Mine aren't that severe, I feel for you.
I must say, in spite of all that you do some nice work. I sure like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back