1/48 OS2U Kingfisher, Aussie bird.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Starting to throw some paint at this one, and ran into a snag. All the museums have the 'pits in different colors. Black, (Smithsonian), zinc chromate, (Pensacola NNAM, and a really yellow one at that!), bronze green, (Panama)....
I checked the Navy specs and they call for bronze green in the pits for that year, but Observer aircraft in aluminum paint. The Navsourse picts are in B/W but are clearly not aluminum, dark green or possibly black.
What do you guys think?

Green Zinc Cromate.... I remember the one I saw at Key West in the early 50's. It was original, and in the green zinc cromate.

Just my .02 cents worth...

Charles

Preshading color in the rear cockpit. Front office installed.

king15.jpg

Other than a U-47 cutaway, I have never attempted one...It's a thought, though...
They designed this one to have the wings trapped between the fuselage halves, but for some reason I was thinking I had to do it different. In retrospect, I could have followed the instructions.
Oh, well...Might do another someday...

king16.jpg

Looking very nice. But I'm not sure if the interior of the gunner section wsa of black colour. Interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back