1/48 OS2U Kingfisher, Aussie bird.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just for grins, my very first car was a 1937 Ford convertible, all black with a white top. Last time I saw it, as the ambulance was puling away, it was upside down, burning, in a Georgia farmer's peanut field.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled thread topic.....

Charles

Slow but sure, I advance.
The wing flaps and alerons have been glued up, and I found an old Tamiya figure. He looks Australian to me. Maybe a little touch up here and there, but I think he will look the part.

king12.jpg

king13.jpg

The front office. I made the throttle, trim wheel, and the hoisting sling for lifting the Kingfisher when used on a ship. The seat is the wrong shape but the addition of the wedges on the sides helps disguise that. The canopy will be closed on this one, so painting will be a "high contrast" to make things pop out.

king14.jpg

The figure can't be an Aussie, mainly because there is general flotsam which looks vaguely valuable lying all around him..and he is not making off with it :) :)

Seriously, the US goggles are fine, the helmet could be type D with a little lighter shade and black earcups..but apart from that, he looks good to me.

Nice, unusual build!

Darryl

With one had up and one down, and one foot almost on tip-toe, I thought he was a Scot... doing a jig !! (Cue the bag-pipes !)
Does he "flex" to get him into the seat, or will he just stand around with a hand up ?

The Kingfisher is coming along nicely, Paul.

BTW, like your work area... here's mine...

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2743.JPG
    DSC_2743.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 254

Users who are viewing this thread

Back