1/48 P-38J-10 Lightning – Pacific Theatre of Operations II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is the one from the stash. And the three I already have. The Revell kit says that it can be made into a "Night Fighter" version. Begining to sound like a plan

Attachments

• IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for the offer George, I've a feeling I'll be okay as I have a swag of info shots. As for Jay Robbins, I think 'JANDINA IV' was his last one before moving on.

Time to get the ball rolling on this little treasure trove. I pity Jan when he opens the box on his and sees all them little extras, poor chap will go gaga…………………………………………………………………………………………………..He'll be in the pub!

20140321 b.jpg

This little gem arrived in the post this week, a nice little engine part found in China on eBay.

20140321 a.jpg

Spent most of the afternoon sorting out all the resin, cut the excess of most of the cockpit parts, broke one and have still about 5 to go.

20140321 c.jpg

To all you folks up there in the topsy-turvy end of this world, its Autumn down here.

20140320 1a.jpg

My first question to the experts. Would I be right in thinking the cockpit and all internal parts would be in a sort of Zinc Chromate Green similar to MM1734 or Humbrol 80!

Thanks Igor.

Been a slow couple of days but managed to chip in some time this arvo.

Doing a test run to see how it all fits and all looks good.

20140325 a.jpg

Before doing any painting I thought I'd get the wheel bays ready, so to start with a bit of PE added.

20140325 b.jpg

20140325 c.jpg

Also still hacking up resin parts from the mould blocks, this particular piece was the hardest bit of sawing I've done making cabinets and dovetails.

20140325 d.jpg

Excellent Job with the Wheel bay, clear work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back