1/48 P-38J-10 Lightning – Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm here Terry and thanks for the thought, I'm just lurking in the background.

Have been having a hard time with our daughter (Hilary's girl), who basically alongside her continual health issues, was physically, mentally and emotionally shattered. We have been picking up the pieces. Not a conducive environment for modelling. Consequently taking the back seat as Hil and I are both feeling the strain,. Things are starting to come good very, very slowly with our daughter as we face and deal with each issue, but there are still more down days than up days.

On the brighter side, though not modelling I am giving the hanger a refit, glass display cabinet's, better storage and a lick of paint, so at the moment the room is in a mess, but hopefully by the end of the month I'll be back at it and I'm still looking at getting this one done before the finish date.

Again, thanks for the thought.

Thanks Vic, I got an e-mail from Karl also explaining the situation. Hope things turn out alright, and good luck with the refurb.

Hey, Vic,
I can relate to some limited extent. My sister had drug issues growing up and these continued into her adult life with several prison sentences. She seems to be clean now. Hang in there and focus on the important things in life.

Thanks for the thought guys, life is still full of ups and downs but looking brighter. I'm obviously not going to get this fellow finished on this GB, so I one of you kind moderators can shift me to the Start to Finish tread, it would be much appreciated.

My thanks in advance.

Ok guys, think I'm back in harness with this one and have kicked off with some detailing of the undercarriage doors.

The kit had raised detail on both nose wheel and main doors, the nose wheel like raised blocks and the main doors with outlines of circles. Here's the comparisons.

20140326 a.jpg

20140326 b.jpg

20140326 c.jpg

20140612 1a.jpg

20140612 1b.jpg

20140612 1c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back