1/48 Revell B-24D Liberator 'Fightin' Sam' (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
Well, it's all complete! Was very fun putting together a base and setting a scene, it consumed a lot of my free time though. My only regret.. choosing 1/48 scale :lol:

Now I will attempt to explain the scene in a simple story:

Sam has just landed after a bombing mission and is right at the corner of the dispersal ready to be towed. The tractor has just linked up and our driver is checking its stability and also waiting on the service crewman in the back to put up the ladder. While this is happening the head mechanic (cant you tell by his tan?) is pointing something out on the engine while a a member of the flight crew is also observing with his pen and note pad. Over on the side we have some oil drums and sparse luggage loaded off the plane and a bucket of water. Every job has a slacker and here is our man, taking a breather on a knocked over oil drum. Standing next to him is another flight member who is taking in all of nature after a rather intense flight. The pilot has decided to reside in the cockpit and take a easy ride back to base. Fin-

ALSO, A huge thank you to Airframes for information on Hethel and overall processes on how to do things I never attempted.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• DSC_0734.JPG
    DSC_0734.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC_0746.JPG
    DSC_0746.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0747.JPG
    DSC_0747.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0739.JPG
    DSC_0739.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC_0738.JPG
    DSC_0738.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC_0742.JPG
    DSC_0742.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC_0749.JPG
    DSC_0749.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC_0764.JPG
    DSC_0764.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Ain't that a sweety - nice diorama as well.

Well done Cory - hope you've got a big shelf!!

Thanks Flexi.. it's my grandfathers birthday gift so he can find room to house this 24' by 24' in. beast!

That is a terrific job on both the plane and the diorama. Did you use cut up floor tiles for the taxiway? The weathering on the figures is good to. Very nice Maglar. :)

Beautiful job!!!! I love modeling that tells a story. I tried to do one of a photo my dad had of his entire B-24 training squadron in front of and on top of the wings. I got as far as finishing the model in 1/72 but then couldn't face painting the 100+ figures.
Keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks all! :)

I feel you T-Bolt.. 100 1/72 faces would drive me nuts! Hope the model looked good -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back