1/48 Ta152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non-competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: DML
Model Type: Ta152H-1
Aftermarket addons: Eagle Cals Decals

I've decided that there's probably plenty of time left in this GB for me to toss in this project as well. I have not yet decided on a scheme and am not sure that I want to produce yet another Green 9, though I do like the scheme. The other possibility that caught my eye is White 7 of 11/JG301 though I don't have the decals for this. The 7 might be easy enough to mask though. Will decide later.

I have already made a jump into this kit this afternoon, having glued together and painted the cockpit tub. I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment but will post some pics later.

Here are photos of my start. The cockpit parts have been assembled and sprayed with RLM66

16032701.jpg
16032702.jpg
16032703.jpg
16032704.jpg

For the instrument panel, I did something a little different. When I was reading up on my Me262B, there were observations made that some of the cocpkit components seen on a preserved specimen were finished in a dark green colour. The I came across a picture of the Ta152 at the NASM and noticed that the instrument panel was not RLM66 but a dark blue-green colour, so I decided to try to emulate this for my IP.

16032705.jpg

The Jumo 213 supplied with the kit is a model itself comprised of some 29 pieces excluding the engine bearers, mounting frame, and the cannon.

16032706.jpg

The engine has been assembled and the cannon temporarily installed in the fuselage to ensure that things are lines up. Despite assembling the engine, I've not decided to use it yet, though it will be necessary to install at least the rear portion as it will be seen through the landing gear well.

16032707.jpg

Nice addition to this GB. Will be interesting to line up the DML against the ZM kit.

Yes it is. A lot of cutting needed if the engine goes in. The cowls would need to be cut out and replaced with much thinner ones. I wonder why they didn't just mold he thin ones in from the start.

Thanks Don.

Assembled the large air scoop. Nicely detailed with a kit supplied grille.

16040201.jpg
16040202.jpg

The intake is now installed and it fit perfectly. The little scoop over it was also added after drilling the opening out.

16040203.jpg

The cockpit has also been finished and awaits assembly of the fuselage halves. A few additions were made; push rods were installed by the rudder pedals and the bar and canopy crank on the starboard sill were scratch built.

16040204.jpg
16040205.jpg

As it turns out, the engine might fit into the fuselage without cutting anything so I will need to fiddly around here a bit before gluing the fuselage together. The main driver here is to allow at least the supercharger end to be seen through the open wheel well so it would be nice to fit the thing in there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back