1/48 Tamiya F4U1 Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Catch, Bruce, Gnomey, CrimeaRiver, Viking,

Thanks for all your comments. They are much appreciated.

Here's some more shots of my work thus far.

Got the engine, cowling and cowling flaps put together.

IMG_7488a550.JPG

IMG_7492a550.JPG

IMG_7493a550.JPG

Last edited:
Fantastic work Dave. I could be out to lunch but it looks like the engine isn't centered in the cowl???

So what part of the Great White North are you from anyway?

Fantastic work Dave. I could be out to lunch but it looks like the engine isn't centered in the cowl???

So what part of the Great White North are you from anyway?

I believe I centered it properly but perhaps its the angle at which you are looking? I will post another pic and you can tell me what you think?

I live in the Greater Toronto Area.

Cheers,

Ah, Toronto. I went there a long time ago now to visit a friend. She lived out on Lake Huron - those lakes are amazing - and a group of us took off one day to visit a Mennonite fair in Kitchener. It was a great day out with a fantastic insight into the Mennonite culture. We drove back through an Indian Reserve which added further to my cultural absorption. I'd already been to the local library to loan some books on Canada's Indian history, so seeing their modern lifestyles up close was illuminating. Plan to go back one day to tour around the west side of the country, en famille this time. Anyway.... I digress...

Ah, Toronto. I went there a long time ago now to visit a friend. She lived out on Lake Huron - those lakes are amazing - and a group of us took off one day to visit a Mennonite fair in Kitchener. It was a great day out with a fantastic insight into the Mennonite culture. We drove back through an Indian Reserve which added further to my cultural absorption. I'd already been to the local library to loan some books on Canada's Indian history, so seeing their modern lifestyles up close was illuminating. Plan to go back one day to tour around the west side of the country, en famille this time. Anyway.... I digress...

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay here in Canada. My sister has a nice size cottage which she built new in cottage country and we often drive the 2.5 hours to enjoy a weekend of tranquility on the water (which has now frozen over) lots of eating and drinking. During the summer we enjoy doing the same but we barbecue a lot and my sister has an 18 foot boat that we take out on the water and cruise the rivers and lakes. We have friends in Elmira which is a big Mennonite community here near Kitchener/Waterloo. When we go out to see them we often see the horse and buggies plying the local roads. The buggies they normally use are nothing special but if you go up there on a Sunday when they go to church you see pristine covered black buggies with well groomed horses and of course the Mennonites as well dressed in their Sunday best. The more modern Mennonites drive but of course they only drive Black cars.

Cheers,
David.

Here are some more shots of my progress.

Got the landing gear done. I added the brake lines and scratched a few additions such as the springs, rods and towing eyes at lower front end of the landing gear. For the bolts I used .6mm Masterclub resin bolts for additional detail. The towing eyes were taken from a piece of chain that I use on my tank models. The chain itself comes already blackened and I believe is HO scale chain used for Model trains.

IMG_7486a850.JPG

Last edited:
Great stuff David. No worries about that engine centering - I'm sure you have it right.

I was born and raised in Rexdale, right on the flight path of runway 27L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back