1/48 Tamiya RAF Mustang III - W/O Pietrzak

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to stick to the applying feint camo pattern over the already applied flat aluminium and then follow that with another lighter coat of flat alu. That way it should add some depth to the model and not be the uniform pristine silver that it currently looks like.

Cheers Chris

Howdy all, I'm after a little input.

Would the spinner have been white for 309 (P) squadron?
I've seen a few profiles but can't confirm any as I have only seen black and white Mustang III pics and the spinner is hard to differentiate form the aluminium colour.

Edit - I have now also found a profile of this exact plane with a red spinner!?

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
Ok done a little more tonight. Applied washes in anger for the first time using Citedel black and rusty brown to break up the flat aluminium finish. Ready for decals -

B51BA1A3-63C3-4EC5-88C0-02606EA047A6.jpg

CF17B01C-AD76-404D-A66E-663FEB45A258.jpg

F0E96538-47FB-4486-A305-9DDDF65F8F52.jpg

Very happy with the way this is turning out.

I've also now done the spinner white.

Cheers Chris

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Started with the decals -

E6BBA0F9-B102-410E-91A1-F6085FE21051.jpg

Happy with this one and not far off being finished.

Cheers Chris

Thanks All :)

Need to order the code letters this week so I will hopefully have it done within next week.

One question - yellow wing edges (decals). What are they? Should I apply them?

After this is finished 'm revisiting a couple of models that I never quite finished and will rebuild them.

Cheers Guys. Been busy leading up to the summer shutdown so have not made any further progress.
Modelling in anger will resume during the imminent two weeks holiday.

Any chance of a photo of the finished aircraft - would like to present it to my brother, the son of Alex Pietrzak?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back