1/48 Trumpeter P-40B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mrf17

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Maryland, USA
Greetings! After a few months of sporadic building, I finally got this one of the bench. It was a pleasure to build, paint and weather due to (as we all know) the photographs and research that is available on Older's White 68. A note about the pics: Friends ask me about the "blue cloth" background.... Simply said, I am not a photographer; so throwing a piece of my wife's quilting scrap on a table seems to lend an air of dignity to the model and is an attempt to hide my ineptness with a camera and photo set-ups.

Again, please read a very detailed write-up of the build on my website at Check Six Scale Models I give a shout-out to all my friends here at WW2Aircraft for the great help and outstanding models that are a fixture of this forum.

Enjoy the pics! Cheers!

Mark

DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

DSCN1010.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN1015.jpg

DSCN1017.jpg

As one of my eagle-eyed colleagues has pointed out, the decal under the port side windscreen (pilot's name) says: "Ch. Order" instead of "Ch. Older". What the $%@$$!!!??

Normally, I am in favor of leaving a completed model as just that... completed, mistakes and all. However, in this case, I consider this printing error from an import decal company a disservice to the man who flew it. I'll be putting the model back on the bench and replacing the decal (and fixing that nasty crack right above it!)

And to think I searched far and wide for these decals and boasted of them on my website; and didn't catch the error until it was pointed out under the scrutiny of a camera lens. Anyway, if any of you guys can point me in the right direction of a 1/48 "Pilot: Ch. Older" decal, please let me know. Such is life...

As one of my eagle-eyed colleagues has pointed out, the decal under the port side windscreen (pilot's name) says: "Ch. Order" instead of "Ch. Older". What the $%@$$!!!??

Normally, I am in favor of leaving a completed model as just that... completed, mistakes and all. However, in this case, I consider this printing error from an import decal company a disservice to the man who flew it. I'll be putting the model back on the bench and replacing the decal (and fixing that nasty crack right above it!)

And to think I searched far and wide for these decals and boasted of them on my website; and didn't catch the error until it was pointed out under the scrutiny of a camera lens. Anyway, if any of you guys can point me in the right direction of a 1/48 "Pilot: Ch. Older" decal, please let me know. Such is life...

To be honest I actually did see it but i have a lack of knowledge about the AVG so I didnt think much of it!

The trumpeter P-40 is very accurate. I have some 1/48 color photo etch from Eduard that is for this kit, It is very nice :) Great work. hope to finish mine soon :)

Great job!!! I have some Eduard colored photo etch for this kit, I am working with the same kit you have there. but I'm trying to have the landing gear up, gotta work on that :) anyways great work, and if I get into some trouble with it along the way, I'll try and ask you first. Matt

sorry bout that, I'm new to this website, so I'm trying to still figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back