1/48th Mitchell II - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, and some of the journey has been like pushing smoke uphill !!
Just about to set of for Duxford, so no more until I get back on Monday night.

Thanks chaps !
Jim, the worn an faded look worked out well, but close-up, the finish is not very good at all, due to the problems with the varnish.
I only got back from Duxford at 20.00 hrs tonight, rather bushed, so I haven't even looked at the model yet. All being well, I'll get back to work on it in a day or two, and see if I can correct the clear coat problems.

What a mess you've had to deal with there Terry, but it looks like you've straigtened it all out with a lot of work, it looks beautiful in thoes last few pictures
I think I'll be staying with the enamal paint/Future gloss/Testors Dull Coat method that works for me. The only problems I've had is some blooming of the Future when I use some decal setting solutions which I clean up with Windex, and white specks that sometimes appear when the Dull Coat dries. I can usually pop these off with the tip of a hobby knife and touch up with Dull Coat applies with a fine brush.

Thanks Glenn.
Surprisingly, some of the 'fogged' areas seem to have settled down, although there are still a couple of areas - right next to, or in, the code letter decals !
I'm hoping to get back to it and correct these areas, and continue with the build, in the next couple of days. But I'm planning on travelling north to the Lake District either later this week, or on the weekend, so it might be delayed a bit. I'd take it with me,and work on it whilst I'm away, but I don't want to risk damage.

She is looking pretty good terry glad to see the tape off the glass.You really captured that worn look well :thumbright:

Thanks Kevin.
I'm planning on doing the re-touching, and the final bits and pieces, when I get back from my short tour, some time next week.

Thanks Dave.
I'm hoping to get back to it soon - I've been rather engrossed with the big Tiger model, which is now almost finished, I might get some work done on the Mitchell early next week, but then I'm away on a 'Tin Tent Tour' for five or six days from August 5th, so there'll be another delay.

Yep, not doing bad Dave.
Looking forward to a short tour, taking in an air show at East Kirkby, in Lincolnshire (former WW2 bomber base), visiting a small Museum on the site of the 361st FG airfield at Bottisham in Cambridgeshire, then meeting my daughter at Duxford, to see inside their Lancaster, and finish off with a visit to the Norfolk and Suffolk Air Museum at Flixton (Bungay), in Suffolk. Around a 550 miles round trip, which, in that part of rural England, will seem like twice that !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back