1/72 Bf 109E-4 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally have time to post a update, my updates from now on will be either weekly or bi-weekly since I do a lot of stuff during the week but only have time to upload in the weekend :D

First off both halves of the fuselage together and puttied, notice that P-51 in the background hmmm....I should update her now with today's work :D:
DSCN4340.jpg

I completly forgot I did this step until I saw these photos :D
DSCN4339.jpg

Next, I decided to keep the circle things since the wheels go in easily into the wings. But I decided to "hide" the huge hole that is present here:
RSCN4412.jpg

To do this I had to cut two pieces of sprue, paint them RLM 02 + age and stick them where the wings join up to cover the hole, I have to take a pic of the finished product :D
DSCN4444.jpg

After sanding the putty on the fuselage I applied putty to the edges near the wing section:
DSCN4467.jpg

and another angle.
DSCN4465.jpg

Last but not least there was a good size hole when I glued the instrument panel so I decided to putty it, here you can see where it wasn't sanded very well :(
DSCN4474.jpg

I noticed this in time and sanded some more and re-applied the RLM 66 I still have to apply some age to the paint job and fix up 1-2 instrument panels and she should look great when the canopy is closed up.:
RSCN4477.jpg

Guys, 1 last thing, BIG Sorry for not being around and posting a lot during the week, lifes been a little hectic but I'll try to get around to checking out everyones builds :D I've been itching to take a look at some of the topics and some of the models look amazing near the finish :)

Last edited:
DSCN4617.jpg

almost ready for painting, you can see that in this step I marked it off to sand any imperfections that became apart while the glue had dried. Will update soon with the paint pics.

We Shall see, if this weather holds up I should be ok, if it rains I'm in trouble :S I'll send you a pm if I don't get to finishing them, then it might take a week and a bit, work and weather have been a evil combo for me this month :(

We have the same odd weather this year, the time I usually use the paint booth early April to May was some of the strangest weather we've had in the nation's capitol. It was fine the first week then it got cold, then we had a heat wave then now we have this rain on and off :S if it stabalizes by the weekend I'll be painting on Sat. and Sunday, we just had a down pour today with some thunder and they told us on the weather network we'd be in for 2 more days like this :(

I really hope I finish this by at least the weekend that would be amazing :D I feal like a douche that I'm always running late on these GBs :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back