1/72 Bf 109E-4 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wooo Here I am..Roche you like a Hurricane (Roche in french means Rock!) :D on a diffrent note, Roch sent over that canopy I needed for the FW-190 and it came today :D

DSCN3990.jpg

On the little box it says "May Contain Nuts" I love it :D hehehe

Now back to the intruement panel, I wiped it again and re-did it with the camera figured out heres the shot I got off, still needs a bit of works but its hard to pick out the dials even with a magnifying glass :D I'm happy on the results but I guess you can't have everything perfect.

RSCN3993.jpg

no problems Igor, glad to help and i hope your not allergic to nuts !!!!!!!!

No real progress up until now, but I kept looking at the panel and thinking I could do better :S so I wiped it again and re-applied the RLM 66 coat, along with a little black for the panels and I started on the green for 1 insturment, for now:

RSCN4190.jpg

In a couple days I'll update with the completed panel. I'm obsesive about these panels! *Dream about Panels tonight

I was so lazy this week (and last) with just dry brushing the panels in black, but then this came in :O :

DSCN4259.jpg

Thank you so much Muggs for the decals and the extra set (which means I'll have to make a E-3 Romanian in the near future! :D) :) Now this 109 will look top notch with those clean St.Micheals Crosses (and proper sized white bands! and Daffy Duck logo :D which I think I'm safe to assume that Yellow 65 had it :) since most every other 109 had in the unit, but more on that later :D ) and beautiful Yellow numbers. BIG THANKS :) If you ever need any 1.48 stuff I'll help out :)

After the decals came in I was inspired to finish the panel!

I got through most of the work but then decided to stop when the touch up on the green instrument panel didn't go down that well. I'll post some updates in the next couple days, fix the panels that I don't like and add the white instrument markers, and wiring. :) Once again Thank you so much Muggs! :) your decal package has inspired me today not to be lazy :D. The pics a bit too light but I'll fix that next update it appears darker on the camera itself.
RSCN4254.jpg

Next Update:
fix the yellow, red and green panels in a row add some black and then white for the panel's instrument pointers.
add the white instrument pointers on the other instruments
touch up the black on some instruments that didn't go down too well while dry brushing
add wiring if I'm up to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back