++ 1/72 DH Venom FB.1 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found this via the net...

DH Venom WE470.jpg

All I've found about the ejection seat time line is, "....Nos 266 (Rhodesian) and 5 squadrons re-equipped with Venoms at Wunstorf, forming No. 123 Wingin Feb. 1954. By this time the first aircraft with ejection seats had been added..."

Cheers guys, and great detail pics Grant, thanks!
Interesting ZK-VNM still has her original Swiss intake covers ('Links' and 'rechts').

I'm going with the ejection seat layout. Unable to find anything stating 'from serial no.(x), ejection seats were fitted', so going with the fact that if other aircraft on the squadron visible in photos (albeit later serials) seem to have had them, then WE470 probably did too. Geo's date and Wojtek's image make me think that is a good decision - cheers guys!

Attached a link to my full-time project in the meantime. We're getting better at the flying, just need to work on our landings :)

Attachments

• MOV_1897.mp4
    19.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Great Pal. Your full-time project looks cute. I can see the another avid aviator of the family. :D

And one more shot I found...

De_Havilland_Venom_fighters.jpg

Last edited:
Dzieku Wojtku! :wave:

Repaired the broken cockpit floor (very thin), and made up the PE/ resin instrument panel assembly. The resin backing is larger than the PE faces (2 parts), so was about to sand to fit when I had the brainwave (happens sometimes) to dry fit the major airframe components first, so I know how much room we have to play with in the cockpit.
Cleaning up major components accordingly, pics up when something to show.

Last edited:
G'day guys!

No major progress here sorry. Got lost in the cockpit before other priorities cut in (two art exhibitions and a wedding - ours! :) )

Bit of an issue with the cockpit so far. The details are superb to look at, but not entirely accurate in size or location of various major components. This is a dilemma for me - where do you draw the line for an accurate (scale) build?
Dry fit of the rear cockpit bulkhead shows something is very wrong there too... or the ejector seat is too big...or cockpit wall details too far back... or a mix of all three... need to fathom where the problem lies before I can fix it...

Back to yas on this when I can get back to it.

Cheers guys! and that cake Terry was one of a number of things that didn't go the way we planned at all... but atleast the ceremony itself went well (very informal, but fun!). Our son was best man and ring bearer, complete with toddler size tux :)
I'll post one or two pics whenever we get them.

When I get a chance I'll take some pics of the build so far too so yas know what I'm talking about. Sorry for another long wait...

What, did the tablet ease constipation or something, allowing you to come out of the bathroom ?
Oh .... tablet ... a computer - type thingy ..... I thought you meant - oh, never mind, I've go me coat !

Anything happening Evan?an all resin kit can be a PIA in shrinkage starts to occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back