1/72 Fairey P4/34 modified from a Fairey Fulmar kit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Prop spinner painted up to look like the original version.

1624790745962286393494537432925.jpg

Looking good :thumbright:

However it is slightly incorrect... the K7555 with the black prop had the small spinner attached to the front hub of the propeller. As a result there was a kind of a gap between the spinner and the fuselage. See enlarged pics ..

_c7.jpg

_c6.jpg

_c8.jpg

_c9.jpg

Looking good :thumbright:

However it is slightly incorrect... the K7555 with the black prop had the small spinner attached to the front hub of the propeller. As a result there was a kind of a gap between the spinner and the fuselage. See enlarged pics ..

View attachment 630073
View attachment 630074
View attachment 630075
View attachment 630076

I know it's not strictly right but I haven't got the nerve to start chopping the prop and spinner up to get it right. Hence the black band on the spinner to try and make it look like there's a gap. If I find a better looking prop on line I might have a go but for now what I have will do.

I know it's not strictly right but I haven't got the nerve to start chopping the prop and spinner up to get it right. Hence the black band on the spinner to try and make it look like there's a gap. If I find a better looking prop on line I might have a go but for now what I have will do.

I see. No problemo at all. Looking really good. :thumbright:

Dohhhh I ordered the wrong size letters and numbers I need 8 inch black and I clicked on 18 inch black. Never mind they will go in the spares box and will be used on something else.

I couldnt find the right 8 inch pre war letters they have now sold out so some wartime 8 inch will have to do they dont look too different.

Got the roundels on. Just waiting on the number and letters. I am going to do K5099
16249702459217701115160205174833.jpg
16249702723552076180540193219708.jpg

The P4 was designed to carry it's bombs on underwing racks. I have seen one picture of K7555 carrying what looks like a pair of 250lb GP bombs under each wing. I am tempted to look for some racks and bombs.

Fairey P4_34 prototype_d.jpg

Dohhhh I ordered the wrong size letters and numbers I need 8 inch black and I clicked on 18 inch black. Never mind they will go in the spares box and will be used on something else.

I couldnt find the right 8 inch pre war letters they have now sold out so some wartime 8 inch will have to do they dont look too different.
Done that myself Stu. I accidentally ordered to sets of 1:48 red RAF bomber codes which I will never use. The build is turning out well

I don't believe it the new 8 inch letters and numbers arrived and they are dull red, those idiots have sent the wrong item. Full of righteous anger I went onto eBay ready to send a stinging email when I spotted that they had sent the right item my fat finger had ordered the wrong item.

Lucky I spotted my cockup before I proceeded to make an absolute tit of myself 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back