1/72 Fairey P4/34 modified from a Fairey Fulmar kit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good

However it is slightly incorrect... the K7555 with the black prop had the small spinner attached to the front hub of the propeller. As a result there was a kind of a gap between the spinner and the fuselage. See enlarged pics ..

I know it's not strictly right but I haven't got the nerve to start chopping the prop and spinner up to get it right. Hence the black band on the spinner to try and make it look like there's a gap. If I find a better looking prop on line I might have a go but for now what I have will do.

I see. No problemo at all. Looking really good.

Dohhhh I ordered the wrong size letters and numbers I need 8 inch black and I clicked on 18 inch black. Never mind they will go in the spares box and will be used on something else.

I couldnt find the right 8 inch pre war letters they have now sold out so some wartime 8 inch will have to do they dont look too different.

Got the roundels on. Just waiting on the number and letters. I am going to do K5099

The P4 was designed to carry it's bombs on underwing racks. I have seen one picture of K7555 carrying what looks like a pair of 250lb GP bombs under each wing. I am tempted to look for some racks and bombs.

Done that myself Stu. I accidentally ordered to sets of 1:48 red RAF bomber codes which I will never use. The build is turning out well

I don't believe it the new 8 inch letters and numbers arrived and they are dull red, those idiots have sent the wrong item. Full of righteous anger I went onto eBay ready to send a stinging email when I spotted that they had sent the right item my fat finger had ordered the wrong item.

Lucky I spotted my cockup before I proceeded to make an absolute tit of myself

Users who are viewing this thread