1/72 Fw 190A-8/R-11 - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
Username: imalko
First name: Igor
Category: Category 2/Intermediate
Scale: 1:72
Manufacturer: Revell
Model Type: Focke Wulf Fw 190A-8/R-11
Details: "White 9" flown by Oberfeldwebel Gunther Migge. 1./NJGr 10, Werneuchen, 1944

I'm returning to the Group Builds with this little project. It's well know Revell kit, which has been around for a while and doesn't need special introduction I think. Basically I plan to build it OOB with one exception. As we all know, real Fw 190 had sliding type of cockpit canopy, but on this kit it's partially moulded with the fuselage. Therefore I'll use a spare canopy from Academy kit, which, I hope, will result in better looking model. Anyway, here's the photo of the kit.

Attachments

• GB 28_01.JPG
    GB 28_01.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 233
The Fw 190A-8/R-11 was a version of Focke Wulf's famous fighter equipped with FuG 217 Neptun radar for night fighter operations. A total of 48 Fw 190As were converted this way. They were used by Nachtjagdgruppe 10 (formed in January 1944 from a part of JG 300), operating from airfields east of Berlin. The unit used a wide variety of aircraft including Fw 190A and Bf 109G in it's 1st Staffel. Besides being tasked with the defense of important German cities, the unit also tested new equipment for Luftwaffe night fighters under combat conditions.

Aircraft which is the subject of this build was flown by Oberfeldwebel Gunther Migge, a former night fighter pilot from JG 300. His aircraft was painted in standard camouflage scheme of RLM 74/75/76 with only interesting features being the black painted area behind the exhaust stacks and large Wilde Sau emblem on forward fuselage. Already accomplished fighter pilot, Migge achieved several kills while flying this aircraft with NJGr 10.

Attachments

• GB 28_02.JPG
    GB 28_02.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 775
Good on you Igor, you pipped me at the post, this will also be my entry with a Dragon kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back