1/72 Hasegawa P-40N warhawk (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nxthanos

Senior Airman
Jun 11, 2011
A quick bio note about me, I staretd building kits over 40 years ago, then dropped out in the mid 1980s for the normal reasons of family and such, and only can back to it last year at teh family's sugestion.

I'm no expert, I try to do the best i can with my fading eyesight and arthritic hands, but i have a deep love for the hobby and so i muddle along. I also know little about cameras so my pictures could be better!

Please bear all this in mind!

Chris

now on to the plane:

Flown by Captain Wang Kuang FU
7th FS 3rd FG Chinease Nationalist AF Laohow China January 1945

3.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

4.jpg

20.jpg

16.jpg

Nice work Chris, and an interesting scheme too. I gave up on 1/72 scale when I went back to modelling and choose something a little larger to get to grips with. Well done!

Cheers

Peter
Thanks peter, i appreciate it.

I was given a bunch of 1/72 kits that nobody wanted, I prefer 1/48 and 1/32 as its easier for me to see (and you can see my mistakes better too!)

I didn't like the decals that came with the kit, so i bought a techmod set that had those, they came out pretty well.

You'll like it here Chris because most of these guys shy away from the 1/72 and the 1/144 scale stuff. :p Whats this about a bunch of 1/72 scale kits that you're to blind to build? I know someone whos almost blind but not too scared to build them(me) :occasion7:

Nice work on the P-40. I don't think I saw that one before.

You'll like it here Chris because most of these guys shy away from the 1/72 and the 1/144 scale stuff. :p Whats this about a bunch of 1/72 scale kits that you're to blind to build? I know someone whos almost blind but not too scared to build them(me) :occasion7:

Nice work on the P-40. I don't think I saw that one before.
Thanks Dirk, i never showed this one on that other site.

Let's see what is lying about on teh 1/72 pile:

Hasegawakits:
f-86 sabre
P-51 mustang
P-47 thunderbolt
2X B-17G Flying forts
Bf-109E

Airfix
New tool BF -109G
Brewster Buffalo in USN colors
A skyraider
B-29 Superfortress
SM 79 Sparvario

Frog
BF-109F
Martin maryland bomber

a jo-han BF-109F/G

ESCI
Fokker D-VII
F4 Phantom

I think that is all the 1/72s i have

Now you see why I was pulling for a 'mighty eigth' group build!

the hasegawas were given to me, i picked up the others here and there in my travels.

The one I most want to make and am affriad of messing up is that ESCI phantom, it is a sweet old kit that I bought for about 7 bucks on Ebay, god knows how i got it at that price.

Good job. I feel your pain. I've got about an hour before my eyes start to water and I have to stop. Used to work at it all day. Problem is after almost fifty years of building in 1/72 I don't want to change scale.
Ed

Looks great! I need to build a P40 sometime soon.....

Real men build 1/72nd... well with perhaps some exceptions of members on this site. But they will all have to ask Charon (Boatman of Hell) for permission to cross over for entrance into modelling heaven. :toothy5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back