1/72 hasegawa SBD-3 dauntless

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you guy's got the cockpit done and installed i'am having fun with this kit it's my first 1/72 build, my eye's don't like it.
SANY4334.jpg

SANY4332.jpg

SANY4336.jpg

Thanks guy's well i was sitting here looking at the wing's and flaps and decided to do some cutting. first pic shows molded detail.
SANY4345.jpg

So i cut the molded flap out of the upper wing section thinned it done and drilled the hole's which was 60 of them now i will make lower flaps out of evergreen.
SANY4347.jpg

Agree with the Swede in the kilt!

I was VERY lucky to be given a version of Hasegawas 1:72 SBD-4 which comes with PE flaps (and section of carrier deck!) - I'm spared the work you're going through now atleast!

Last edited:
Thank's guy's small update got some sanding and clean up and ready for paint now upper surface will be intermediate blue and lower should be ? neutral gray or medium gray hmmmm. Thank's for looking in.
SANY4359.jpg

SANY4383.jpg

SANY4385.jpg

Thank you guy's got the cockpit done and installed i'am having fun with this kit it's my first 1/72 build, my eye's don't like it.
SANY4334.jpg

SANY4332.jpg

SANY4336.jpg

FOUR days??????????????????????????????????????? WTF am I doing rong???? Takes me four days to get my *heart started!

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice comments had a rain day so trying to get some modeling getting lower flaps finnished.
SANY4413.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back