1/72 Italeri Hs 126 B1; MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
Username: kgambit
Category 2/Intermediate
Model: Hs 126 B1
Scale: 1:72
Kit by Italaerei

This is going to be pretty much an OOB build. The only special work on this is going to be a custom build instrument panel, some photoetch seat belts and possibly some aftermarket decals as the ones in the kit are problematic. Given the locale it will be built without the wheel spats in place.

126bt.jpg

126a.jpg

Color Scheme will be standard desert colorscheme: RLM 79/80 over 78

Still deciding on markings. The kit comes with markings 5F+CK and I've seen 5F+FK; both in the same color scheme although the top wing scheme appears to be interpreted in widely different fashions on existing builds.

I could use some help with photos of the cockpit; particularly the instrument panel. All I have so far is this:

original%20foto%20klein.gif

That's for the K version exported to Greece. According to the write-up,

"The instrument layout of the Greek Hs126s (type K) panel was neither the standard of the Hs 126A-1s nor that of the Hs 126B-ls. It was similar to the Hs126B but it had two very interesting details:
- The Tochterkompass (Repeater Compass) was not installed
- There was a second machinegun handle for the additional front Browning machinegun at the upper left side above the Variometer.
Also, as stated before, there was a simple ring-and-bead sight installed, instead of the Luftwaffe's standard Reflexvisier Revi 12B."

Not installing the second MG handle will be easy (LOL). FIguring out where the missing instrument goes - not so much.

As below:

geraete%20klein.gif

I actually have the front plate for the replacement instrument panel all drilled out and ready to go (based the K model above). I'm using a front plate of 0.010" card, with holes drilled out for the instruments. The front panel gets painted RLM 66. I'm going to paint some Reheat brass etched bezels gloss black and mount them on the front plate. The back plate will be 0.020" card with slight indentations drilled to match the instrument placements. The indentations will be painted gloss black and given a quick drop or two of future and then instrument decals will be applied. A second coat of future will seal them and the two cards will be glued together. :D I'll post a couple more pics IF I can ever get my digital cam back and working again.

THere won't be a lot of in-progress shots on this one but I'll see what I can do. :D

Last edited:
Great choice, and good to see so many variations of types in this GB, and it's only been going 7 days! Well done KG.
I'm looking forward to seeing the instrument panel - there's no way I could manage that in 'tiny tot' scale these days!
Sorry I can't help with any pics or info, I've got very little, almost zero, on this kite.

Great choice, and good to see so many variations of types in this GB, and it's only been going 7 days! Well done KG.
I'm looking forward to seeing the instrument panel - there's no way I could manage that in 'tiny tot' scale these days!
Sorry I can't help with any pics or info, I've got very little, almost zero, on this kite.

No problem. Finding stuff on the Hs 126 is kind of tough unless you spring for one of the tomes published on it - IF you can find one. :D

LOL @ "Tiny Tot" scale. Yeah, even my wife thinks I'm nuts on this one. She says it's the ultimate in "Type A" pesonality behavior.

Here you are the B-1 cockpit scheme and a few variations of the camo scheme on the same machine. Source unknown.

Attachments

• Hs126 cockpit.jpg
    Hs126 cockpit.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 486
  • hs126 profile.jpg
    hs126 profile.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 454
  • hs126 profile_1.jpg
    hs126 profile_1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 432
  • hs126 profile_2.jpg
    hs126 profile_2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
You'r welcome.:)

And a few shots more....source unknown.

Attachments

• Hs126_obserwator.jpg
    Hs126_obserwator.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 483
  • Hs126_obserwator1.jpg
    Hs126_obserwator1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 432
Well, I learned a little Polish translating that cockpit image - I think.

Wojtek, how did I do?

101612.jpg

01 Airplane Clock
02 Vertical Airspeed Indicator
03 Course heading
04 Tachometer
05 Propellor Setup (Starter switch?)
06 Optical Indicator for Pitot Tube Heating?
07 Main Switch
08 Magneto switch
09 Altimeter
10 Air Speed Indicator
11 Turn rate Gauge
12 Charging (?) Pressure Gauge
13 Oil and Fuel Pressure Gauge
14 Fuel Level Gauge
15 Oil Temperature Gauge
16 Low Fuel Reserve warning light
17 Regulator ?
18 Landing Light control
19 Electrical Panel
20 Pitot Tube Heating switch
21 Proximity Compass? Switch
22 Ampmeter
23 Cabin Lighting Regulator
24 Voltage Engine Stroke Propellor - No idea what this really is
25 Related to Fuel but not sure how
26 Cabin Heating Switch
27 Main Electrical

I'll probably kick myself for not getting some of these later. LOL

Last edited:
Oh...not bad, really not bad.:D

However :

05 Indicator of the propeller blades pitch ( for B-1 only)
06 OK
07 Light indicator of a dynamo ( generator) working
12 OK
17 OK
18 Landing light switch
21 OK
22 Voltammetr
24 Voltage switch of the elektrical motor for pitching proppeler blades ( for B-1 only)
25 Switch of the fuel display ( self acting timer-interrupter )
26 Switch of a pilot's flight-suit heating

Oh...not bad, really not bad.:D

However :

05 Indicator of the propeller blades pitch ( for B-1 only)
06 OK
07 Light indicator of a dynamo ( generator) working
12 OK
17 OK
18 Landing light switch
21 OK
22 Voltammetr
24 Voltage switch of the elektrical motor for pitching proppeler blades ( for B-1 only)
25 Switch of the fuel display ( self acting timer-interrupter )
26 Switch of a pilot's flight-suit heating

Getting some of those was almost likely pulling teeth from a sabr tooth tiger - a HUNGRY one at that. LOL

Thanks for the corrections. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back