1/72 Italeri Hs 126 B1; MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually yes..:(

Yes, it would be fair or Yes, it would not be fair. :lol:

I'm good either way. Sent you a pm. :)

Take your time. I'm going outside for a walk and a smoke. :lol:

And maybe some wine - it won't help the haze but it would definitely improve my state of mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A shame Dwight. Read your other thread. Both models were coming along great and I look forward to seeing them finished!

A shame Dwight. Read your other thread. Both models were coming along great and I look forward to seeing them finished!

Thanks Andy. Aw stuff happens. Mostly my own fault for pushing the limits at the end.

Don;t worry, the builds will be finished - just not in time for judging for the MTO build. I just won't risk the Hs 126 knowing that the problem is likely the gloss coat. I'm going to let the gloss coat on that one cure for at least 72 hours MORE before I even think of decals on it. I've also started fixing the problem with the Hs 123 so it will be about 48 hours behind. I just need to find some new decals for the 123 now. :(

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their support. :)

I am NOT withdrawing this plane from the MTO group build. However it will NOT be finished prior to tonight's deadline. I can't risk damaging the clear coat given the problem that I had with the HS 123 which was clear coated about the same time.

I realize that the build can not be considered for placement, but at this stage that's a minor concern. Hopefully I will still be able to gain the Group Build badge. :)

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks Alex and David. :)

I'm going to give the decals a shot on this one tomorrow. The clear coat has had over 72 hours to cure. There will eithe be shouts of joy or much nashing of teeth.

Decals going on now. Couldn't do anything for the last three days as the snowstorm brought down the power lines - no lights, no heat except from our fireplace :)

Here's the pics in progress. The aft end of the port side cross is being stubborn and didn't want to stay down. I think I've got it down FINALLY. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0299v2.JPG
    IMG_0299v2.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0304v2.JPG
    IMG_0304v2.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 127
Looking good Dwight! So the Future behaved itself or did you use the Poly Scale gloss coat?

Thanks Andy. :) The Future finaly behaved itself. I let the first coat cure for 72+ hours. The first coat was a bit spotty in places, which was my fault, so I added a second coat to improve the coverage. I let the second coat cure for 72 hours as well before I started adding the decals. (The long wait on the second coat was forced because we lost power for two days during the snow storm).

I'm going to try the Poly scale gloss on a different kit that I almost have finished. It's a Me 109B that I used as an airbrush test bed when I first got the Iwata airbrush. I'm still trying to find out if it's possible to thin the Poly scale gloss and flat coats and if so what to use to thin them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back