1/72 Scale Aircraft Hangar (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jim, there are loads of lighting options for 00/HO railways, and dolls houses, which include 'grain of wheat' bulbs, miniature and sub-miniature LEDs etc, and in some cases, you can get a complete set which includes the old-fashioned 'conical' shades.
Apart from model railway outlets, check out doll's houses suppliers. I've got a link for a UK supplier, which will give you some ideas, and I'll post it when I locate it !

Here's the link : - www.smallscalelights.co.uk

I'm sure there are similar outlets in the 'States.

20160225_164638.jpg

As promised, the gluing has started. I used an elevated work surface (a large book on the B-26) because of reasons that will become clear later and covered it with wax paper so the glue wouldn't stick and to protect the surface of the book. The same glue that I used on the base was used here and a small amount was poured into a bowl and applied with a toothpick. Cleaning up the overflow on the pieces was easy using one of my wife's makeup sponges. (The white triangle in the picture above.) I used the tip of the wedge, dry, to get right into where the joint was made. Will cleanup residue on sponge later with water, but didn't want to use it wet on the actual pieces as I didn't know if it would "lift" the marker. My kids trusty Legos are used as supports until things dry. Though I wish they had some weight to them, they did the job just fine. (In my dreams I have a nice set of metal angles, but those puppies are pricey!) I will wait for that to dry and proceed on.

Last edited:
Good stuff Jim, and I'm glad you explained what that white triangular thing is - I thought you'd dropped a slice of Camembert !

I accompany them from here with a "caballito de Tequila"
... Hic !, :drunken: ... although just be Tuesday !!

... by the way, I like how it's going that hangar... :shaking: :thumbright:

Saludos a todos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back