1/72 Scale Aircraft Hangar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice! I'm totally gonna do it!

Update: So all the internal framing is completely "painted", as are the interior walls. I am out of town until Friday so we'll start gluing after that. Will order the pigeons within the next day or so and start research on interior lighting and maybe some additional bracing. Stay tuned.

One of the same questions I have Jim. Living a brazillion miles away from a hobby shop and not wanting to pay a canoe full of money for online, I really have to be frugal with my paint. Looking forward to this.

Geo

OK my friend, an answer to your question. Using one whole 17 ml./0.57 fl. oz. squeeze bottle of Model Air by Vallejo with some thinning, I was able to finish to my satisfaction, the roof and all 4 interior walls. I hope this helps. See picture below:

Paint Coverage.JPG

Also, while painting the ceiling of the roof I realized that the area for spray painting was too small in the vertical plane so I moved the pre-existing shelf up as high as it would go. A very noticeable improvement. I'm very happy with the result.

New and improved.JPG

Note the duct tape where I covered the holes that I made in the drywall while ripping out the shelf supports! I was a sweaty mess after doing this. I gotta get in shape!

Hopefully I will start the gluing of the roof support systems later today, now that every little nook and cranny has been covered in red. (More on that later!)

It's looking real good Jim.
Go with the pigeons don't forget to put some small white spots on the floor underneath them. Somebody have my coat? :)

20160223_054403.jpg

I just wanted to show how I was able to get into the little nooks and crannies of the roof supports. I took a regular red Sharpie permanent marker and shaved it down into a rather acute wedge shape with the blade shown here. The marker tip carved very easy and it got in there just fine. The splotching adds some texture to the two dimensionality of the roof bracing and will likely not be seen at all.

As I said next up will be gluing all the roof bracing together, but while I'm working on that, some thought must be put towards how I'm going to light the inside. Remember it must be scale and cheap, yet reliable. Hmmm... Was thinking of taking it to the local train store and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back