1/72 Scale Aircraft Hangar (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Basically - unlock the pressure regulator knob by lifting it. Turn clockwise to increase pressure, whilst depressing the trigger on the 'brush (this will allow 'bleed-off' of excess pressure, allowing the desired pressure to be set.).
Turn anti-clockwise to reduce pressure, again depressing 'brush trigger.
Depress regulator knob to 'lock' the position for desired pressure.
It might take a few seconds for the pressure to 'settle down' to the selected pressure, and the gauge will almost certainly show a 'drop off' of pressure when spraying - this is normal, and actual spraying pressure obtained should be more or less in the region selected.

Note that the pressure settings, and especially the pressure gauge, are only approximate on most 'hobby' compressors, and the average spraying pressure would be around 15 to 20 psi.

Ok, so the issue with the regulator has been resolved and I actually shot some green food coloring mixed with water on to some thick stock paper for water color. I guess it turned out ok, I was able to spray pretty consistently with the single action Badger. After a while I was not sure what I was trying to learn other than to cover the sheet entirely in green. I guess next time I will be shooting real paint. One question I have is does real paint run out as fast? It seemed like the little cup I used emptied in less than 10 minutes. I guess I'll be using the big glass cup for this job!

20151219_175028.jpg

Anyway I will be spraying the above, with the below:

20151219_175102.jpg

One of the same questions I have Jim. Living a brazillion miles away from a hobby shop and not wanting to pay a canoe full of money for online, I really have to be frugal with my paint. Looking forward to this.

Geo

I know from my days doing posters and such, Cardboard or paper can suck up a ton of paint before the colour builds up to a convincing level. Used to prime cardboard with latex primer/sealer and when it was dry was sandable but did'nt soak up paint like a sponge if this helps.

Thanks. It would explain some things. Trouble is I, for this project at least I will be spraying on cardboard. I'll see how it goes and maybe I'll have to use a primer. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks guys! Now a question: How do I spray a large area like this? It's going to take a life time with the way my airbrush is set up right now. Is there anything I can do to it to make it spray a larger pattern?

20160125_164950.jpg

This is the inside of the roof and as you can see I haven't gotten very far!

Either you should divide the entire surface into a couple of smaller areas or you should use a nozzle of larger diameter.

Can you brush Vallejo Air paints? I wonder. The other side of the coin is the roof will likely not be scene, but if it is, the uber streakiness of what I have makes it look like it has seen some weather and there may even be a few leaks from rain. Anyway, something to think on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back