1:72 scale Revell Ju88A-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
I was going to include this in the group build number 40 but it's the same kit as the one I am currently building for the GB. I though another one of the same would be a bit boring. The only difference being I'm building the other version offered in the kit so the build is identical. It's a great kit though ! The other version has no yellow on it and is desert tan or RLM 79 with patches of RLM 71 over RLM 65.

IMG_0001r.jpg

version20002r.jpg

Last edited:
Something I over looked working on my GB-40 build of this kit. I closed up the fuselage without cutting out the holes for the towel rack on the bottom. I ended up marking them out later and drilling small holes. If you look at the instructions it shows 6 spots to remove. This is wrong, none of these holes are in the position marked. In fact the kit has 8 spots to cut out on it. From the front, the second, third and fourth fit the towel rack and the back three fit. If you mount the rack in this position it leaves a sizable gap between them which is wrong from all the pictures I've looked at. I ended up using the front 2-3-4 holes and then drilling new holes for the back rack. As marked on the instructions.

holes.jpg

Well.....I got bombed tonight. I forgot how tedious the bombs were to build on the first one so I decided to have a bit of fun. There's that and the fact that I poo pooed watching the Canucks game tonight and the idiots actually won ?

2ndbombs.jpg

Got some paint sprayed down ( note, no yellow). Slowly coming together. The kit includes 92 decals and about 75 applies to each version. It's a long haul getting them all on, especially the teeny tiny ones no one would notice if you left them off........except me, More OCD !

Ju88A-42nd (7)r.jpg

Ju88A-42nd (1)r.jpg

Ju88A-42nd (5)r.jpg

Again ! The middle pic gets posted sideways, I can't figure out why some of the pictures do this and most don't. I take them all the same way with the camera ?

Got the second version all wrapped up. It's the first out of all my Luftwaffe builds (30 or so) with a desert style camouflage and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I have about 6 kits in my stash I plan on doing for desert ops. I really enjoyed this kit, looking forward to building the night fighter version but I need to get caught up on some other things I'm working on. Latest group build for one !

88b (1)r.jpg

88b (2)r.jpg

88b (4)r.jpg

88b (6)r.jpg

88b (7)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back