1/72nd heinkel he219 uhu by revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hi mate yes i do still use brushes old habits and all that,i don't really want to get involved spray painting my models as i'm doing that restoring the cars and don't really want to hobby this as well as working

Bob, in the UK, 'Future' is called Johnsons Pledge Klear. (was just Johnsons Klear), and is milky until used, when it dries clear. It used to be ..er.. clear, until the name changed.An alternative of course is normal gloss clear enamel varnish, such as Humbrol.
I use both, normally using the 'Klear' (Future) mixed with Tamiya Flat Base to produce, matt, semi-matt or semi-gloss clear coats.

bob2191.jpg

bob2192.jpg

bob2193.jpg

bob2194.jpg

now finished

To Crimea River, a great pointer concerning "silvering" effect when applying decals. I had this problem on a couple of early matte finished builds and have only recently discovered the miracle of Future wax. Before I ever tried the technique, I didn't understand how the gloss base could be overcome, subsequent to decal application. As counter intuitive as it seemed, the flat clear topcoat finishes things off beautifully! Now an indispensable, integral part of my workbench, I think Future is the cat's ass!

Some people have observed that the more recent versions of Future don't seem to be as glossy as earlier ones. Others use gloss enamels to achieve the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back