1/72nd heinkel he219 uhu by revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bob1082.jpg

bob1083-1.jpg

bob1082-1.jpg

bob1088.jpg

bob1089.jpg

bob1091.jpg

bob1090.jpg

bob1087.jpg

progress so far,the kit interior was sparse to say the least only 2 seats and part of the floor,so after researching the rough shape of the interior i came up with this,i've trial fitted the canopy while doing this to see what can been seen,i've not gone to town to Terry's standard as to be honest i'm doing that everyday building the vintage cars and stained glass and don't want to get bogged down worrying about if i have everything perfect,maybe that will change with time,the canopy has now been sealed in the last pics and left to dry,i can't find much on extra details i could add to the engines or cowls,can anyone help please

I don't think you should add something to these engines. It would require to make a few corrections, including making entire engines, mounts and radiators.

There's not much to add on the cowls Bob. It's a pretty clean design but here's a shot of one at the NASM in Washington DC. The only thing you might add is a little elongated vent that stuck out the top of the cowl. I'll see if I can locate a pic.

Attachments

• 3782829486_ebc2c2c689.jpg
    3782829486_ebc2c2c689.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 117
Here you go Bob. I was lazy and just decided to include a pic from my build. You can see the little stack on the top centerline of the cowl. Should be easy to make.

Attachments

• 110225%20Panel%20Lines%201.jpg
    110225%20Panel%20Lines%201.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 100
Thanks Andy very kind,what scale is your bird ,nice detailing

bob1094.jpg

bob1095.jpg

bob1097.jpg

bob1096.jpg

bob1093.jpg

progress so far with new air vents made and fitted plus its 1st coat of paint.I now have a lighted magnifying lamp for detailing work instead of my failing eye-site

Looking good Bob. But still too quick attampt to a such build.

bob1096-1.jpg

bob1097-1.jpg

bob1093.jpg

bob1106.jpg

bob1099.jpg

bob1100.jpg

bob1098.jpg

bob1105.jpg

bob1102.jpg

bob1104.jpg

progress showing a couple of evenings work,now in camo and markings,lots more detailing still to do including fitting the undercart doors and landing lights,i've finished her in a similar scheme to the bf110 although the pattern this time was harder to do,once i've finished putting the bits on i will give it a coat of matt varnish

thanks mate very kind of you,i plan to put the airel cables on the radio masts as well but i can't find any pics of the underside to see if there were any underneath the main fuselage ,can anyone help please

There were no wires on the underside, just one from each fin to the post on the canopy.

A couple of pointers for the next one Bob: watch the placement of the swastika on the tail. On the 219 it was in the bottom front corner of the fin. LW planes rarely, if ever, had the swastika span across the rudder except on prewar and very early war aircraft. Second, there's a technique to prevent the "silvering" you see on the decals (as evident on the left wing cross in the view from directly on top). If you have a glossy, clear finish (many people use Future floor wax but any hard gloss coat will do), paint that onto the model before you apply the decals. This will help the decals seat themselves better. Once the decals have set, paint on the matt varnish and you'll see that the decals look much better, like they've been painted on.

I like what you've done on this so far.

thanks for the tips Andy,i have seen posts saying about Future but didn't know what it was,i will be off to my local hardware shop this afternoon

Good on you Bob. I believe you're still using a brush rather than airbrushing? No problem brushing the Future (Klear?) on but if you spray, you need to be careful as it pools very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back