1/72nd heinkel he219 uhu by revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
for a change a modern kit by revell,as i've built a few German models recently for the GB i thought i'd add this to the nightfighter collection,pics to follow shortly

bob1060.jpg

bob1061.jpg

bob1063.jpg

Not actually that modern....rather an aging Matchbox kit in a revell box ;) I think it does benefit from modern day new decals though.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the build. Remember that Maximowitz keeps his eye on a such projects. Good luck Bob. :)

on Terry's advise i plan to do a bit more detailing on this one to see if i can achieve something more to others standards,please be gentle with me if i make any mistakes but please feel free to comment

on Terry's advise i plan to do a bit more detailing on this one to see if i can achieve something more to others standards,please be gentle with me if i make any mistakes but please feel free to comment

Bob , feel free to ask before you start making of any of these details. Some discussion can be really helpful with a way for making a such parts. Glad you are going to follow the path.

detailing work now started and pics to follow shortly,any idea what i could use to scale for wiring to the side of the rear cockpit

bob1074.jpg

bob1075.jpg

bob1076.jpg

bob1077.jpg

bob1078.jpg

bob1079.jpg

bob1080.jpg
bob1081.jpg

bob1082.jpg

bob1083.jpg

pics show stages of build so far,flat stripped lead was used as the cockpit floor to weight the nose approx 50 grams ,whats the verdict so far

Off to a good start!

Looks like some of the joins (fuselage and wings for example) could do with a little sanding down/cleaning up though. It seems as though some excess glue was pressed out of the joins here and there. With this kit having raised panellines/details. I'd run a piece of masking tape along the fuselage join to protect surrounding details and then carefully sand down (maybe with a fine sanding stick or some fine sanding paper or something) the joins until the excess glue is removed and you have a nice smooth surface.

If need be a little bead of putty could be used as well along the joins should small gaps exist. This ofcourse has to be sanded down after drying/curing, but that perhaps would be the next step in the process. The first step being the cleaning up of the joins.

Last edited:
Quick progress and I agree with Jelmer. Cockpit colour looks good but lloks like there are still some unpanted areas. The wings look like they fit pretty nice. If you care, the torque link on the nose wheel supplied with the kit looks wrong. The upper link is way too far up the strut.

i will check that against the photos i have thanks,all filled now as i had some time this morning to kill while waiting for a customer,pics to follow shortly

I agree with these posts above Bob. And a short note here, just for the future... try to keep edges of a fuslege halves or wings , clean of a paint.Unfortunately a paint works like a kind of a preservation against a glue. As a result it is quite hard to stick one part to another at these painted areas. Also it usually causes a glue spreading on all surrounding surfaces what doesn't look good. Joints at these areas usually are worse. Or it isn't possible to glue parts at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back