14 dead in Victorian inferno

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just read the revised death toll. I'm not suprised and also shocked at the same time.

North of Melbourne has been hammered so hard, the south east fires are getting under control from what I'm aware.

The more people I talk to all seem to be have some connection to the tragedy.

For all who have lost lives or homes you are in my thoughts.

Anyone heard from <simon>?

Heyfield area mate. Haven't seen the name mentioned with a few searches of the news reports.

He was saying in another thread about 2 days ago that they were on guard for ember attacks.

Revised death toll is 126.

Hells teeth! That's b****y terrible! I hope you guys, and all the other Viccies, get through this alright. Thinking of you, and hope you keep safe.
I pray that it ends as soon as possible, and that no more lives or lost, or firecrews hurt. They must be doing a hell of a job.
And the people who (might) have started this? I hope they get their b*ll*cks cut off with a rusty razor, and roasted in front of their eyes!

I just can't believe that so much of it is deliberately lit. It's disgusting.

I'd say that if anyone catches you lighting another fire, they won't bother reporting it to the police! Either sort it out themselves or had them over to the firey's, they'll sort them out, quick-smart.

Hey guys, sorry about the absence...

We're fine now, though it got a bit 'interesting' here on the Saturday...
Raining ash and burnt leaves etc..

They also had urgent threat messages for Cowarr and Toongabbie (for ember attack) so that included us...

Everythings stained black but its nothing compared to what the poor guys down in the King Lake and Marysville area have gone/are going through...

I encourage everyone interested in this disaster to have a look at the video i've posted a link for (hope it works!)
It is footage taken from the ABC helicopter of the town of Marysville...
Officially only 3 buildings remain...

Bushfire devastates Marysville - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Best of luck to everyone still under direct threat, including serveral of our good friends...

Simon

Really glad you guys are ok Simon.

Living in the south east the fires in Gippsland and Bunyip area has kept the sky glowing. A few roads have been closed and still are in nearby suburbs.

Marysville is now a crime scene, the entire town. Horrible job for the forensic guys.

Best of luck to anyone else under threat, hope your friends are ok mate!

Tragically now 134 have been declared dead.

Latest figures are 131 confirmed dead. The figure was revised slighytly down because one car that had previously been reported as having 6 dead, have since been found to have only one.

Canberra is sending 116 fire fighters and three truckloads of relief supplies tomorrow (the supplies I mean).

I cannot describe the feelings I am feeling right now. I am numb to be honest, I just cannot believe what is happening

New Zealand's deployed 100 firefighters (Not enough IMO),Actually can't believe the new figure

Glad to hear your OK Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back