14 dead in Victorian inferno

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Everyone is pretty stunned. The general public are all very quiet and somewhat just dazed. Its just so hard to take in. A lot of smoke in the air floating around the hills.

Winds are picking up a bit unfortunately fanning the fires even more.

The donations have been fantastic, times are tough but everyone is digging very deep. THe local fire station has filled a truck space with goods donated I saw this morning.

I hope these fires are under control as QUICKLY as possible.

There is an entire community hall filled with donated items just waiting for shipment just from our local community of 3500. There will be no shortage of money either. Just hope the various levels of government doesnt stuff things around too much

I'm sure temperatures are rising again in Victoria......the police better find the Pr!cks who did this before the general population does.....

Good news is they are closing in on the arsonists who lit the Churchill fire out not far from Melbournes power station and open cut mines.

Both sides of my house the sky is red/pink amongst the cloud/smoke moonlight. One from Gipplsland and Bunyip fires the other from the North.

You're right that it's all very hard to take in. I'm going to speak to my boss about doing some $100 pest sprays and donating the money. People need it done, and people in Vic need the money. He's got a whole lot of pull in the pest industry too, so hopefully we'll get some other companies on board, and the chemical suppliers.

I really have no money to give, and my credit cards are maxed out, this is the only thing I can come up with to do my bit.

Yep , good on ya mate. We're going through all our spare clothes plus our old baby clothes for donation at the moment. Like Alex said. every bit counts!

$31 Million dollars worth of donations so far i believe....

Absolutely incredible how the worst disaster in Australias history is bringing out the very best in people..

Sadly the death toll was 181 as of this morning...

News to me Bill.

I have a simple messageto them though F**K OFF as we really don't need any crackpots using this for their demented ramblings.

My mothers company has donated $100,000 with more on the way. My family has sent some the Red Cross's way as well.

As for the looters I was kinda sickened by that to be honest.

Howeveer before they can all rebuild we gotta get these bloody fires out, still not under control I'm praying for rain and absolutely no winds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back