2010 i Hobby Expo near Chicago

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I went to the i Hobby Expo today in Rosemont IL near Chicago with my son Jack today and thought I would post a few pictures I took that might be of interest. Sorry about the picture quality but I only had the point and shoot with me at the time.

Pictures 1 2 A test shot of a Trumpeter 1/32 Spitfire (Mk.V I think) the detail looked excellent
Picture 3 What looked like a build of a Dragon bf-109E test shot, but it might of just been a conversion. as you can see the sign didn't give much info..
Pictures 4 to 7 Some built up Polar Lights Star Trek models with incredible masking jobs. It must have taken the guy months to mask one of these.
Pictures 8 to 10 Some guy had 3 radio controlled, gasoline powered German tanks he was fireing up and driving around. One had a water pistol in place of the machine gun and he was shooting the kids in the crowd.
Pictures 11 12 There was a make it and take it event that Jack went to and got his first experience with an airbrush. I guess I can let him use mine now.
Picture 13 Jack posing with the General Lee. Unfortunately Daisy Duke was not present.

01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
05.JPG
06.JPG
07.JPG
08.JPG
09.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

Last edited:
FANTASTIC Star Trek stuff........

Only in Ahmericah could you find mini Tanks!
So now you "guess" he can use the air brush?

Looks like a bang up time you had. Good job.

Great stuff Glenn, and looks like jack enjoyed himself.
That PzKw III is rather large - the Panther and Jagdpanther would be huge if the same scale !
Don't like the look of the Bf109E - the nose looks all wrong, especially with the 'capped' spinner being so pointed.

Good pics. Any more?
Afraid not Matt I didn't think about taking pictures until we were at the test shots which was near the end of our tour of the modeling section. I do have quite a few pics of the Lego section though. :lol:
Great stuff Glenn, and looks like jack enjoyed himself.
That PzKw III is rather large - the Panther and Jagdpanther would be huge if the same scale !
Don't like the look of the Bf109E - the nose looks all wrong, especially with the 'capped' spinner being so pointed.

Now that you mention it that spinner does look rather pointed. I don't know what the story behind it was. It almost looks like conversion parts for the nose. Does Dragon have a 1/32 109G? Maybe there fooling around with the idea of coming out with an E and that was some sort of mock-up. I remember about 7 or 8 years ago at the same show AMTech had a booth there with mock-ups of the P-37 and P-40Q that looked really cool. I talked with the guy and told him my dad had worked on a P-37 during the war and he got real interested, said it was going to come out in a year or two. I waited for years and never saw either of them come out.

Hope Jack had a blast. Perhaps in a few years he can peruse the site. :cool:
He's already a member, T Bolt Jr. He did a MiG-15 for the cold war group build than his interest sort of petered out (I think the new XBox360 had something to do with it), but I think maybe the expo has him wanting to do another one. He was asking me if I had a P-40 he could do.

Really a very good stuff here. THX for posting. Also I agree with you guys that the Bf109E looks quite odd.My first thought has been , it was P-40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back