2011 Dodge Charger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Being that the 2nd body style of Charger is one of my all time favorite cars, I am going to click on your link, close my eyes while your link loads, and then open my eyes. Hopefully Chrysler has rectified some of the wrongs with the current model of Charger...:eek:

The rear of the car is definitely a MUCH needed improvement, but it still is not among my favorites. I guess it has more to do with the fact that the car takes on the name Charger, without looking anything like it's all too famous predecessor.:(

You are correct there Gnomey. I liked the concept when it came out, I think Dodge wanted to jump on the nostalgia band wagon and just decided to call the current design a Charger. At least the concept had some similar body lines of the original one most people visualize when you mention Charger.

Now this is a Charger!

Attachments

• 88_dodgecharger1969-1.jpg
    88_dodgecharger1969-1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,400
Last edited:
wow....are you serious? the designers of that charger should just shoot themselves. I cannot even BELIEVE they call THAT a charger! that's not a charger! if you're going to bring back a car, you have to modernize it while still staying true to the original design! for god's sake! Dodge did it with their Challenger, Ford did it with their Mustang and Thunderbird, and Chevrolet did it with their Camaro! why can't Dodge get their heads out of their a**es and actually stay TRUE to their original design!

end of rant....

wow....are you serious? the designers of that charger should just shoot themselves. I cannot even BELIEVE they call THAT a charger! that's not a charger! if you're going to bring back a car, you have to modernize it while still staying true to the original design! for god's sake! Dodge did it with their Challenger, Ford did it with their Mustang and Thunderbird, and Chevrolet did it with their Camaro! why can't Dodge get their heads out of their a**es and actually stay TRUE to their original design!

end of rant....

Oh no.......please, do go on with the rant! :lol:

Trebor, I am sure almost everyone would agree with your opinion. I certainly do. My question is with these redesigned cars that have been released, Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, etc. where do the car makers take these designs from here without screwing them up? In all three cars, the designs were based on what most consider to be the pinnacle year for each car, how do Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler continue producing and making changes to these cars without screwing them up? I could see this being a bumpy road for the manufacturer. How do you make changes and upgrades in the next 5-10 years and still manage to keep the look or essence of the original cars these were modeled after without screwing it up again?

Why couldn't they have just taken a '68 Charger, '70 Challenger, '68 Mustang and a '69 Camaro and NOT touched the body work, only modernized the electronics, engine etc.?

Why couldn't they have just taken a '68 Charger, '70 Challenger, '68 Mustang and a '69 Camaro and NOT touched the body work, only modernized the electronics, engine etc.?
Off the top of my head, EU standards for

bumpers (fenders)
crumple zones
lighting
non-protrusive switchgear that could further harm cabin occupants in the event of a crash
non-shatter everything for the same reasons
anti-submarine, anti-whiplash seats with belts all round
frontal safety aspects wrt collision with a pedestrian
anti-corrosion

draw a similar parallel for US standards

Off the top of my head, EU standards for

bumpers (fenders)
crumple zones
lighting
non-protrusive switchgear that could further harm cabin occupants in the event of a crash
non-shatter everything for the same reasons
anti-submarine, anti-whiplash seats with belts all round
frontal safety aspects wrt collision with a pedestrian
anti-corrosion

draw a similar parallel for US standards

For the 2012 Dodge Charger '68 and Challenger '70.....

bumpers (fenders).....have them, good looking too.... that's enough!
crumple zones.....about five miles of them each way!
lighting.....'cuse me....bright shiny things, front and back!
non-shatter everything for the same reasons.....how the h*ll are you supposed to switch gears then?
anti-submarine, anti-whiplash seats with belts all round.....easy fix!
frontal safety aspects wrt collision with a pedestrian.....the aformentioned five miles of crumple zones!
anti-corrosion.....use Swedish steel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back