MLB 2011 Postseason!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
Well there's still several games to be played this regular season, but I thought it'd be good if we had a discussion on the stuff happening around the MLB. :D

Giants trying to pull off what they did last year and win the NL West title five games back of the Arizona Diamondbacks, while Milwaukee pretty much has the NL Central in the bag with the Cardinals six games behind. Phillies have already clinched the NL East.

Yankees have quite a lead over the Red Sox in the AL East, Detroit has grabbed its first AL Central title and the Rangers looking to win the AL West for the second straight year.

NL Wildcard, Atlanta leads the chase 3.5 games ahead of the Cardinals and the Red Sox trying to get the AL Wildcard with Tampa Bay close behind.

Would love the Brewers to win in the postseason, though. (Despite the fact that I like the Cubs. :p)

The greatest end of season meltdown in MLB history is given to the Atlanta Braves. Sept 6th they had a 8 1/2 game lead, then go 9 and 18 for the month.

This "accomplishment" was then surpassed 25 minutes later when the Red Sox, who had a 9 game lead on Sept 3rd, were removed from the playoffs by Tampa Bay, the team with one of the lowest payrolls in league.

Amazing. Now...........

HOW 'BOUT DEM RANGERS!!!!! I don't care who it is, their opponents are going to have their hands full with those bats and their relief pitchers. If your losing at the end of the 6th inning, good luck getting by Adams, Tatiyama, and Uehara and then have to face Feliz to close it out.

Josh Hamilton - Reigning MVP
Ian Kinsler - 12th man in league history in the 30-30 club
Michael Young - 3rd in Batting average
Mike Napoli - Career high 30 home runs
Adrian Beltre - 14 home runs in his last 18 games
Nelson Cruz - hits home runs like Bo Jackson

As a team, the rangers lead the league in batting average, 3rd in runs, 2nd in hits, 2nd in HR

It's going to be fun. I don't fear anyone in the AL. I do worry about Pilly's pitching staff WHEN the Rangers get to the world Series.

And then there's the 1969 Chicago Cubs. -________-

Summary of today's games, watched three of them which is a record for me. I haven't watched three baseball games all in one day. :lol:

Tigers-Yankees Game Two: Scherzer did well by shutting down the Yankees, though the Tigers almost had a bullpen meltdown but managed to win 5-3.

Brewers-D'Backs Game Two: Yeah, another meltdown. Game's tied up at 4-4 and a bullpen meltdown in the sixth really hurt the D'Backs and the Brewers win 9-4.

Phillies-Cardinals Game Two: Probably the worst postseason start I've ever seen from Cliff Lee. You're up 4-0, you've almost chased Chris Carpenter away from the game yet you lose 5-4.

So far here are the results:

NLDS

PHI 1-1 STL
MIL 2-0 ARI

ALDS

NYY 1-1 DET
TAM 1-1 TEX

-Arlo

Last edited:
A little late, but I guess we don't have to worry about the Philly's pitching now. Dayum. First the Philly's "Dream Team" with 5 ace pitchers, and now the Eagles "Dream Team" with only a 1-4 record.

Go Rangers!!!!!

ain't that the truth!!! uuggghh!!! :(

Don't worry buddy. You can always cheer for the 76er's! (ok, that was just mean! Sorry)

Rangers are up 3-1 after Napoli hits the go ahead RBI in the 11th and Cruz hits a 3 run jimmy jack! Hint to all opposing managers. If it's extra innings and Cruz is at the plate, WALK HIM!!! Game 2 he hits the first extra inning grand slam in ML history and game 4 he hit a 3 run HR in the 11th.

Back to back world series!!!! Here we come!

Last edited:
Don't worry buddy. You can always cheer for the 76er's! (ok, that was just mean! Sorry)

Rangers are up 3-1 after Napoli hits the go ahead RBI in the 11th and Cruz hits a 3 run jimmy jack! Hint to all opposing managers. If it's extra innings and Cruz is at the plate, WALK HIM!!! Game 2 he hits the first extra inning grand slam in ML history and game 4 he hit a 3 run HR in the 11th.

Back to back world series!!!! Here we come!

No problem. Flyers are 3-0 and beat the Cup winners in their house!

Back to back ALCS CHAMPS! First time an AL team has done that since the 88-90 A's. Cruz is the ALCS MVP with a record 6 HR and 13 RBI's.

Now, just 4 more victories and the Rangers can join the Mavericks with being the World Champs.

Cardinals won today, but with six undeserved runs and puts them up 2-1 in the series. : / I do hope the Rangers bounce back and tie this series up, it's about time they won the World Series.

Some major news with the Cubs yesterday, as Theo Epstein is officially the President of Baseball Operations of the Chicago Cubs. Boston already has an interim GM but has yet to name a manager to call the shots.

I hope Theo can do something to the Northsiders, they've been terrible for over a century now.

Like Thorlifter says, how about them Rangers. Game Six starts in several hours with the Rangers holding a 3-2 series lead over the Redbirds, and Mike Napoli is the hero in Texas as he has been driving in runs when the Rangers need it. Colby Lewis up against Jaime Garcia, and both are very impressive starters so Game Six will be really, really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back