NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a kid I used to listen to the Bruins on radio late at night , obviously the station covered the Pats , Sox , Celtics I became a Pats fan by osmosis. Don't care about Basketball or AL in baseball so the other teams in Boston don't count

I will be for the Giants because...

1. They beat my team (okay Kyle Williams beat my team...;))

2. I don't want to see the Pats win another one.

Not a huge fan (or hater) of either team but i'll probably be rooting for the Giants.

OT question: any ideas on a simple (friendly) wagering board, pool, etc for a the SuperBowl? A couple of us here at work would like to do something to make the game a bit more interesting since we're not big fans of either conference champ. In the past I've done a 10x10 matrix and people pay a dollar to put their name in each box ($100 total) and after filling in all the boxes we randomly assign numbers 0-9 on the "Y" and "X" axis. And lets say the Patriots are the "Y" axis and the Giants are the "X" axis. The last digit of each teams score determines the winner.....so if the final score is Giants 17 and Patriots 10 the box that matches the 7 on the Giants row and 0 on the Patriots column wins.

I may not have explained that right, I hope I did. Its a little complex (and random) but can keep interest up all through the game...But any other ideas?
Thanks
Derek

Last edited:
This

Attachments

• Kyle WIlliams.jpg
    Kyle WIlliams.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 153
Personally, for me, it's almost as bad as not going to the Superbowl, now just having to wait for 6-7 months for the 2012 season to start, especially now that I'll have some high expectations for the 49ers next year. Coming into this year, I would have just ebeen happy to have a winning record, and maybe make it into the playoffs. I never would have dreamed they's make it to the NFC Championship game. I am disappointed that they did not make it to the big game, but I cannot complain too much as the 49ers are back to one of the tops teams after years of losing, so it makes the loss easier to take.

Personally, for me, it's almost as bad as not going to the Superbowl, now just having to wait for 6-7 months for the 2012 season to start, especially now that I'll have some high expectations for the 49ers next year. Coming into this year, I would have just ebeen happy to have a winning record, and maybe make it into the playoffs. I never would have dreamed they's make it to the NFC Championship game. I am disappointed that they did not make it to the big game, but I cannot complain too much as the 49ers are back to one of the tops teams after years of losing, so it makes the loss easier to take.

Same with the 2009 Jets after the Mangini (i shake just thinking of him) era.

We will be alright Messy. I think we are only going to get better and we will get to the big one next year.

We also have the advantage of finally being a good team again, with a good coaching staff that players will want to play for. This way we might be able to get some good Free Agent grabs this off season. We really need some Receiving threats.

Agree 100% on the need for receivers. The 49ers will not be a complete package until they have a few WR's to compliment and take some of the load off of Davis. Your tight end, all season long, should not be your leading receiver in yards and td's. I love Vernon Davis, he is a awesome athlete, but we need legitimate, wide receivers who are able to make big plays. If defenses shut down Davis, the the games are hard to win.

Jets need to revamp TE position, get a RT, sign Braylon back, pick up a cheap RB (Draft or FA) and LB needs to be addressed with our first 2 picks. Atleast with the 15th pick I won't have to stay up till 12 A.M. on a school night to see the pick.

TE we can get Tamme, Dressen, or Carlson in FA
RT I'm not sure if I want any of the FA RT so maybe the draft?
Braylon will be cheap, which is great
Jason Snelling is good Fa option for a compliment back to Greene
I want Courtney Upshaw with our first pick.

Oh BTW, Viking are willing to trade their 3rd overall pick if the 49ers want an immediate impact player

:lol:

I don't really care for football but my brother does so I see things here and there. He's a Patriots fan for the simple reason Ochocinco is on the team, but despite normal brotherly rivalries I hope they win. I'll probably watch a bit.

Ochocinco has been awful this year :lol:

Mo Lewis of the NY Jets started Tom Brady's career by destroying Drew Bledsoe. Otherwise Bellichek would've been fired and the Brady would still be a backup.........

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNzd9Xd0who

I'm afraid I am not too excited for the Super Bowl. I'm rooting for the Giants though, cannot stand another Patriots win. Not sure if I am going to watch it or not to be honest. I'm not trying to be a sore loser, just do not really care about either team playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back