NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game better team won today.I can't believe the secondary got burned 3X times in the last two drives :banghead:

Alright I am back! My points to the game.

1. Niners Defense was brutal! Came up with 5 turnovers (2 of them actually on Special teams). That is why they are the best Defense in the league. They will bend, but they come up with game winning plays and turn overs.

2. Alex Smith proved he can pass the ball when needed. Can everyone give him some credit now?

3. Brees is an amazing QB. Of course we all knew this. Sure he made some mistakes, but NO is always in the game as long as he is in it.

4. Great game NO. Very tough and a very exciting game. Thanks for making my first playoff game since 2002 an exciting one. This game will go down as a classic NFL Playoff Game in the history books.

5. 49er play calling was very suspect for much of the game. Going to have to be much better in this area come next week.

6. How the hell do you have 5 turnovers and only win by 5 points???? Offense must be better next week.

7. Honey Badger don't care. He takes what he wants.

8. Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOBODY!!! :lol:

Last edited:
Hey with five TO it is hard to come back and we did not.Pierre Thomas went out after the first drive with a consussion I think he got KO if even for second on the two yard line some hard hitting out there(very slow getting up).Now if the Giants win tomorrow I am for the Giants but should GB I am for the Niners :thumbleft: I hate GBay or lets sat Aaron Rodgers

I had to turn to another channel when the Saints made That last touchdown...................... my heart!

Couldn't resist looking............ Dam glad I did..... what a finish.....

Usually surf between hockey and football the 49ers game made me watch football, you musta have been nervous Chris

Well it is not taking long for the talk to surface Greg Williams may be going to the Rams.The word was sorta that if the Saints went to the SB he would stay otherwise go.The names being offer up as possibilities is are Del Rio,Nolan and Spagnuolo(?).Giants win big with another stingy defense(been getting better last 4 games) and the Pac had a case of the fumblitis like the Saints.That makes the #1 and #2 offense obsolete due lack of takeaways and pressure.GO Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Packers the only home team to lose in the last two W/E's

Last edited:
Usually surf between hockey and football the 49ers game made me watch football, you musta have been nervous Chris

Like I said, I think I had 5 heart attacks. :lol:

Could be a Harbaugh v Harbaugh super bowl.

That is what I want!

Harbowl II :lol:

And on the picks...

Last Week: 2-2
Overall: 174-88

This week:

San Francisco 49ers 27-24 New York Giants (At this point, I have to go with my team.)
Baltimore Ravens 30-27 New England Patriots (I am really wishing hear...)

Last edited:
The 49ers Saints game was one of the greatest playoff games I've ever seen, and I've been an NFL fan since 1960!

I can never remember a QB bringing his team back TWICE, certainly not in the last four minutes of a game!

Alex Smith has arrived as an NFL QB. Wonder if they will let him wear #16 next week? :)

I'm not a 49ers fan but I'll be rooting hard for them against the HATED Giants!

TO

The 49ers Saints game was one of the greatest playoff games I've ever seen, and I've been an NFL fan since 1960!

I can never remember a QB bringing his team back TWICE, certainly not in the last four minutes of a game!

Alex Smith has arrived as an NFL QB. Wonder if they will let him wear #16 next week? :)

I'm not a 49ers fan but I'll be rooting hard for them against the HATED Giants!

TO

December 19, 2010 Eagles vs Giants! :):):):)

LOVED that Niners game! What a rush! Now they need to spank the Giants. What the 'ell caused the Packers to implode?

December 19, 2010 Eagles vs Giants! :):):):)

LOVED that Niners game! What a rush! Now they need to spank the Giants. What the 'ell caused the Packers to implode?

Packers were out of sinc right from the opening kickoff. Packers couldn't cover the Giant receivers. The Giant D line pressured Rogers all game. And NINE dropped passes by the Packer receivers didn't help.

TO

I DVR'd the 49ERS/Saints game Saturday, and started watching it about an hour after it started. I did not allow enough time on the DVR, and did not see the last 1:45 of the game, last thing I saw before the DVR quit was the Saints with the ball, under 2 minutes to play, and the Saints marching down the field. After the DVR ran out, I sat for a few minutes before I looked up the score on the score guide! I was expecting to see the Saints had pulled out another win! I almost crapped my pants when I saw the score! Extremely happy the 49ers won, but was almost mad I missed one of the greatest finishes and comebacks in recent memory! Way to go 49ers! Vernon and Alex played great in the last quarter! Scored should have been higher, 5 turnover and you win by 4? Got to to do better next week!
on a related note, I have a appointment with a heart doctor today to make sure I am ok for the Championship game and possibly the Super Bowl! :)

Last edited:
I would agree Harrison, but think Rodgers looked decent, 7 dropped passes and turnover did nothing to improve the situation. I think the whole Packers offense's timing was off, which I think contributed to several of the passes not being caught, several were just a few inches away from being able to be caught reasonably well. several were off the finger tips of receivers.

They should have atleast let Rodgers play a half vs Lions. But I'm glad they lost. A lot of people here hoping on Packers bandwagon claiming they've been packers fans for years...

Green Bay receivers were dropping dollies a lot in the Giants game, it seemed like half the team didn't turn up. The hail mary touch down pass at the half was pretty sick though (even if the GBay defence should have covered it better)...

I see the Pats winning their side, the other half is harder to call but if the Niners play well then I'll think they'll edge it. We can only hope for as good a game as this weekend (but with a little less stress in the final quarter ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back