NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my beloved Steelers were defeated! Poop! Yes, their defense was riddled with injuries, but that's football and you play with what you got. No excuses. They had a good season and made the playoffs which is more than 20 other teams can say, but one and done isn't up to Steeler standards. I just hope next year the injury bug stays away. Congrats to the Broncos. Well played!

"We're going to win," Pierre-Paul said, per Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. "One hundred percent we're going to win ... because we're the best."

Will he be the front page cover of the news like Rex Ryan if they loose!? I mean they are a NY team.

Well, my beloved Steelers were defeated! Poop! Yes, their defense was riddled with injuries, but that's football and you play with what you got. No excuses. They had a good season and made the playoffs which is more than 20 other teams can say, but one and done isn't up to Steeler standards. I just hope next year the injury bug stays away. Congrats to the Broncos. Well played!

O-Line is something (depth wise) that needs to be addressed. When your line is healthy they are great but they can't seem to stay healthy.

The term "aints" is over just like the "curse" to Sox Nation.(A proud member of, by the way) Gotta love the Lions, wait till they get their run going. We all know now that you can run the ball in for a TD against the Niners.....lol. That plus their air game is all you can hope for. Hope for a win , but hell, San Fran has had a great season. Great for them and their fans.......Go Black And Gold.

The term "aints" is over just like the "curse" to Sox Nation.(A proud member of, by the way) Gotta love the Lions, wait till they get their run going. We all know now that you can run the ball in for a TD against the Niners.....lol. That plus their air game is all you can hope for. Hope for a win , but hell, San Fran has had a great season. Great for them and their fans.......Go Black And Gold.
Allowing 1 or 2 rushing TD's in a season is not that bad is it? :)

To beat the Saints, the 49ers are going to have to play perfectly on defense, and the offense is going to have to play better than it has all year! I doubt Brees will have an off game, and the 49ers cannot rely on Brees being off to win the game. I think the D can play with the Saints, my only question is if the 49er offense going to be able to put points (TD's) on the board. Field goals are nice, but the 49ers have settled for FG's way too often this year, and the only reason they won in those games where 3-4 field goals were made is due to the way to 49ers defense has played all year. It is not going to be an easy game, I hope the 49ers come to play.

The part about the "Aints" you are correct (New Orleans is a great football team now), but I will always call them that out of tradition. Kind of like all the rival fans of the Niners calling San Fran the "Forty-Whiners". ;)

As for the RushingTD allowed, lets see...

SF allowed 3 Rushing TDs all season long (NO allowed 11 by the way), SF has nothing to be ashamed of that. They tied a record for NFLs longest streak of not allowing a Rushing TD.

NO has a great Football team, no doubt about it, and you may very well win the game. But you may not. I repeat again, NO has not played a Defense like SF's all season long. Our D is smothering and brutal. Brees will not enjoy a game of hanging out in the pocket and having all day to throw the ball.

Basically, don't put the cart before the horse. Actually go ahead and do so, I hope your team is doing it as well. If they underestimate the 49ers, they will lose. Remember Seattle last year? Guess what the Niners are a whole different ball team.

my only question is if the 49er offense going to be able to put points (TD's) on the board.

That is my biggest worry.

Harbaugh has to let the Offense go. I am not sure he really let them all season, mostly out of uncertainty of Alex Smith. A. Smith however has shown he can manage a game and can throw the ball. Now he just needs to get some help from his receivers who have dropped way to many balls this season.

The key to the game is simple.

1. Defense has to play like it has all season. No better, no worse. Just play hard Defense like they have all season.

2. Cause Turnovers, and score off of those turnovers.

3. Control the Clock.

4. Make no mistakes.

Damn I could be head coach huh? :lol:

Last edited:
"Damn I could be head coach huh?"

You make it look all to easy Chris! :)

Madden my friend, Madden...:lol:

Anyone got an answer???

Probably a little bit. The difference is, that Ryan does it all the time, over and over and over, and quite frankly everyone is tired of the arrogant fat ass (sorry to be so blunt) running his mouth.

Sure if NY does not win this game, he will certainly get some flak for it, but it will be easily forgotten.

By the way, I wonder if Ryan still believes the Jets are the best team in NY?

On a more serious note Harrison, what do you think of the locker room problems that the Jets are having? Seems to be pretty deep, at least what they are reporting on nfl.com and espn. I hope they get that squared away. In SF, we know what it is like to have a disruptive locker room, we had T.O. remember...;)

Last edited:
Madden my friend, Madden...:lol:

Probably a little bit. The difference is, that Ryan does it all the time, over and over and over, and quite frankly everyone is tired of the arrogant fat ass (sorry to be so blunt) running his mouth.

Sure if NY does not win this game, he will certainly get some flak for it, but it will be easily forgotten.

By the way, I wonder if Ryan still believes the Jets are the best team in NY?

On a more serious note Harrison, what do you think of the locker room problems that the Jets are having? Seems to be pretty deep, at least what they are reporting on nfl.com and espn. I hope they get that squared away. In SF, we know what it is like to have a disruptive locker room, we had T.O. remember...;)

Eh, he probably does. I'm getting more and more annoyed with the FO and not making critical moves. The locker room stuff is obviously of concern and I think some players either need to be spoken to by the team or traded away.

Holmes could possible be traded (I'd have no issue!)
Bart Scott were stuck with, he's old, no one wants him, if we cut him we'd lose $$
We need to sign LT to a one year contract at 1 million dollars. He won't come back for the minimum but unfortunately he's the only veteran leadership on the O.

Off season is going to be huge and the 8 million dollars we had in cap space will be huge as the new CBA allows it to be carried over.

Minus the PatsX2, 49ers, Steelers, and Texans I don't think our schedule is that bad. PLaying NFC West and AFC South.

Thought I was giving your team a hugh thumbs up for their play this year???? Well if the "Aints" do win this weekend , i'll be sure to remember your savage attack on the Black and Gold.....

Thought I was giving your team a hugh thumbs up for their play this year???? Well if the "Aints" do win this weekend , i'll be sure to remember your savage attack on the Black and Gold.....

I don't think it was a savage attack. I also gave your team props. I think they are a great team, and this will be a very very tough game, that we may very well lose.

Scottenheimer's fired!!! Honestly one of the best days ever.

Sparano in. While an awful HC he's one of those people (ala Norv Turner) who is a good coordinator but not a good coach. He'll run the ball and stick to our ground and pound method.

Now we have two fat @$$ coaches and whats worse is Sparano fist pumps field goals.

ESPN is ripping apart the Jets locker room saying they are cowards for taking their grips to the media and not having the backbone not to put their name on it. They are referring to "several high profile players" talking about how Sanchez is lazy and pouts when he is told the truth about anything. They said he will never get better but doesn't care because he knows he won't be benched.

ESPN also gave props to Denver and Tebow. Look at how awful Tebow performed and you didn't hear a word out of the Denver locker room. Everything was kept in house.

On a good note, I think picking up Sparano will really help the Jets out and I think that Harrison will not mind the field goal fist pumps as long as it means they win more. :)

ESPN is ripping apart the Jets locker room saying they are cowards for taking their grips to the media and not having the backbone not to put their name on it. They are referring to "several high profile players" talking about how Sanchez is lazy and pouts when he is told the truth about anything. They said he will never get better but doesn't care because he knows he won't be benched.

These anonymous players are cowards, and that spells trouble for the JETS!

Character counts, on and off the field, and these players who don't have the guts to put their name on their quotes don't have any! Gotta get rid of them!

I wonder if any of these gutless whiners have any "numbers" to compare to these.....

HIGHEST NFL POSTSEASON PASSER RATINGS ALL TIME (MINIMUM: 150 ATTEMPTS)

Aaron Rodgers 112.6
Bart Starr 104.8
Kurt Warner 102.8
Drew Brees 102.0
Joe Montana 95.6
Mark Sanchez 94.3
Ken Anderson 93.5
Joe Theismann 91.4
Peyton Manning 88.4
Troy Aikman 88.3

HIGHEST NFL POSTSEASON PASSER RATINGS, ACTIVE PLAYERS (MINIMUM: 150 ATTEMPTS)

Aaron Rodgers 112.6
Drew Brees 102.0
Mark Sanchez 94.3
Peyton Manning 88.4
Tom Brady 85.7
Ben Roethlisberger 84.5
Matt Hasselbeck 84.4
Jake Delhomme 83.3
Donovan McNabb 80.0
Philip Rivers 79.2

TO

Status