The Baseball Postseason!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wherever he ends up, he is going to be a very wealthy man. It'd be great if Texas can keep him.

Let's just hope that Ryan and Greenberg can. If they can he'll be a big help to Texas' pitching next season.

Today the Yankees are getting a helluva beating, and currently down 7-3 after Molina's shot left the yard.

I can't believe we are actually seeing the Rangers one victory away from the World Series. WOW!

I think last night completely demoralized the Yankees. Their body language was terrible, heads down, blank stares. LOVE IT!

In spite of the great Yogi Berra quote.....

The ALCS is over. :(

TO

Well, not yet. Yankees won the game 7-2, making the series 3-2. The Yanks and Rangers are headed for Arlington with the Yanks fighting for survival. Hopefully the Rangers will have a strong offense and defense in Arlington, and will advance to their first World Series.

Not looking good for the Phils, who are staring into the face of elimination. Despite the bullpen holding a lead late in the ballgame, Giants eventually came through in the bottom of the 9th, winning 6-5.

Well, not yet. Yankees won the game 7-2, making the series 3-2. The Yanks and Rangers are headed for Arlington with the Yanks fighting for survival. Hopefully the Rangers will have a strong offense and defense in Arlington, and will advance to their first World Series.

Not looking good for the Phils, who are staring into the face of elimination. Despite the bullpen holding a lead late in the ballgame, Giants eventually came through in the bottom of the 9th, winning 6-5.

Right Pong. Yanks are on life support. If they can win game 6, then hopefully the "law of averages" will catch up with Mr. Lee in game 7.

Phillies, who were a HUGE favorite are in trouble!

But Yogi might still be right.

TO

So the Phillies hung on and won another! Two more guys, two more!!!

Rangers, whoop some Yankee tail tomorrow!!!! Send 'em packin!!!!!!!

Right Pong. Yanks are on life support. If they can win game 6, then hopefully the "law of averages" will catch up with Mr. Lee in game 7.

Phillies, who were a HUGE favorite are in trouble!

But Yogi might still be right.

TO

Yes, he may be right. But if they do win tomorrow and go to Game Seven, I doubt they'll get a lotta runs as they are up against Cliff Lee.

The Giants-Phils series is at 3-2, and they are heading back to Pennsylvania for Game 6. Like the Yanks they are in survival mode, so they need another win.

After 40 odd seasons, the Texas Rangers are in the World Series!

I feel like I've arrived in the promised land!

Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!

Rangers going to the Fall Classic for the first time after an excellent conclusion to the ALCS. Now we go back to Citizens Bank and wait for the one representing the NL for the WS.

Now I wish this would happen to the Cubs next year.

Yup, that word was what I was thinking about for the Phillies when the third strike was called on Ryan Howard with two on and two out.

Overall it was a freaking tight and exciting series, so I can't wait for the World Series as the Rangers head to Frisco to face the Giants.

Personally, the team I am rooting for is the Giants, since I like seeing every defensive player on the field bat in the lineup as well. (Unlike the AL which has a DH rule)

Last edited:
I'm going for the Rangers only 'cause they have Cliff Lee - former Phillie and Yankee killer.

Phillies could have won. How do you not hit when the opposing starting pitcher is out by the 3rd inning and you are facing the bullpen?

And that HR by Uribe would not have been a HR in any other park.

And that HR by Uribe would not have been a HR in any other park.

Well it was in Citizens Bank, and I bet Phillies fans wished the right field wall was ten feet higher.

Overall the Phils played good baseball in this series since they were able to keep the score close. But in the end they were stomped by the oncoming Giants.

But thats the thing - it shouldn't have been close. We have hitters - who didn't hit! Howard had 4 doubles in the series and no RBIs which means NOBODY was getting on base in front of him. next year, next year.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back