1970 Dodge Challenger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I bought a 1972 Dodge Demon 340 and put the W2 heads, Offenhauser port o sonic intake, replaced the exhaust from the manifolds on back. I really liked the front drop 3rd member Chrysler ran in those days, especially with the Detroit Locker I put in. For a small block, there were a lot of big block cars who saw my tail lights! The hemi was not the quickest street engine-sort of like the Boss 429, both of them required a lot of RPMs to really get it moving. The 440 was easier to maintain and made great power in the mid range. The hemi had few peers when it came to top end power however.

All I gonna say is..... 1960 Chrysler 300F hardtop or convertible, with 413 cross ram dual 4 barrel intake.....muscles never looked so good and never will again!

Chris, it was the Vanishing Point movie they made for television in the early to mid 90s. If I'm not mistaken the guy who starred in Hidalgo played the leading role in the TV movie.

Ok, I wasn't aware they made a TV movie. That would be Viggo Peter Mortensen, Jr. who was also Strider/Aragorn in Peter Jackson's LOTR triology.

All I gonna say is..... 1960 Chrysler 300F hardtop or convertible, with 413 cross ram dual 4 barrel intake.....muscles never looked so good and never will again!

You wanna talk about a muscle car......1963 Ford Shelby AC Cobra. Fastest production car you could buy. Step in to your local Ford dealer, buy one, change the tires and some other minor add-ons and you have a vehicle that can compete!

Now, stop that!
I have a confession,....
I have always been a Fordophile.
Grandpa always had Fords, Dad always had Fords, (Mom was partial to Cadallacs), and I married a Gal that loves Fords.
So here comes the confession,
I have always thought that the 1969 Camaro, with the 400 was one of the finest looking, and best preforming cars, ever.
There. I said it. May god have mercy on my soul.

I have to admit, I've always been partial to the 66 Dodge Charger with the 426 Hemi!

I've actually been looking for a 69 Plymouth Belvedere to restore, my dad had one that we used to take trips in. Funniest things is when we were in Germany on the Autobahn my dad had it up to 120 and this little old lady in a Mercedes was flashing her lights at us so we would move over so she could pass. It took my dad down a notch - lol

Now, stop that!
I have a confession,....
I have always been a Fordophile.
Grandpa always had Fords, Dad always had Fords, (Mom was partial to Cadallacs), and I married a Gal that loves Fords.
So here comes the confession,
I have always thought that the 1969 Camaro, with the 400 was one of the finest looking, and best preforming cars, ever.
There. I said it. May god have mercy on my soul.

BAN BAN BAN!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I've always been partial to the 66 Dodge Charger with the 426 Hemi!

I've actually been looking for a 69 Plymouth Belvedere to restore, my dad had one that we used to take trips in. Funniest things is when we were in Germany on the Autobahn my dad had it up to 120 and this little old lady in a Mercedes was flashing her lights at us so we would move over so she could pass. It took my dad down a notch - lol
:lol: Germans like that. I once was on the Autobahn in a Volkswagen Passat doing 210 km/h, more than 130 mph and still these crazy Germans pased me on all sides.

Such a shame, he was a good lad Meatloaf, he did have his moments, which we learned to accept and look in the other direction, but, in general, a good lad.
May he rest in peace and the almighty Lord have mercy on his soul...

And now, a moment in silence.....

Anyone else want to say something?

Who could every forget that disarming smile, his pickup truck with the innovative fixes, and the fact he was stationed at the US Coast Guard Base in the mountains. He really was a cool guy, well up until the end he was..............

Most likely to dilute this good thing that we've got going, by talking about.....you know....that make.....thing...

FORD! ...All I ever hotrodded.1970 Ford Gt Torino 429cid,11-1 pistons,close ratio racing 4-speed(Toploader),blow proof bellhousing and a 456 gear later to a 370 with a shaker hood setup.Nothing like seeing an engine rock under a still hood.I like a Chysler but deplore a Pooprolet.I seen many a Chevy throw that No.1 rod on race night furthest one away from the oil pump.But if it was not for Chevy and Ford the machine shop would of been a quite place.....

FORD! ...All I ever hotrodded.1970 Ford Gt Torino 429cid,11-1 pistons,close ratio racing 4-speed(Toploader),blow proof bellhousing and a 456 gear later to a 370 with a shaker hood setup.Nothing like seeing an engine rock under a still hood.I like a Chysler but deplore a Pooprolet.I seen many a Chevy throw that No.1 rod on race night furthest one away from the oil pump.But if it was not for Chevy and Ford the machine shop would of been a quite place.....
Easy, there. Work into it slowly, otherwise you might scare the less (shhhh, ford) inclinded away. I'm right there with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back