2016 NFL Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good question. I don't know if there is really a standout "second best" guy. Luke Kuekly or Von Miller come to mind first, but the season is young so we will have to see how it works out.

Last Week: 9-6
Overall: 49-24

This week:

San Francisco 49ers 22-17 Arizona Cardinals (No, I don't actually believe this. Just can't pick against my team...)
Baltimore Ravens 27-18 Washington Redskins
New England Patriots 34-3 Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles 24-14 Detroit Lions
Indianapolis Colts 27-17 Chicago Bears
Miami Dolphins 14-10 Tennessee Titans
Minnesota Vikings 23-20 Houston Texans
Pittsburgh Steelers 30-20 New York Jets
Denver Broncos 34-30 Atlanta Falcons
Cincinnati Bengals 23-22 Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Rams 23-20 Buffalo Bills
Oakland Raiders 27-24 San Diego Chargers
Green Bay Packers 30-27 New York Giants
Carolina Panthers 28-14 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Some good games this weekend...

The Redskins beat Baltimore (although I had my doubts until the half - then they woke up): 16 - 10

Green Bay had a great lead over the Giants, but seemed to run out of steam towards the end...they managed to hold the lead, though: 23 - 16

Oakland put away the Chargers. It's been years since I've seen Oakland actually playing a decent season: 34 - 31

The Bengals embarrassed themselves by losing to Dallas: 28 - 14

And yesterday, USC beat Colorado: 21 - 17 :thumbleft:

Last Week 6-8
Overall: 55-32

This Week:

Denver Broncos 23-21 San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers 17-14 Buffalo Bills (Going to keep getting the NIners game wrong...lol)
Jacksonville Jaguars 24-17 Chicago Bears
Los Angeles Rams 23-20 Detroit Lions
Pittsburgh Steelers 30-14 Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots 33-24 Cincinnati Bengals
Carolina Panthers 24-20 New Orleans Saints
Baltimore Ravens 23-20 New York Giants
Tennessee Ttians 27-21 Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles 30-27 Washington Redskins
Oakland Raiders 27-20 Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers 33-26 Dallas Cowboys
Atlanta Falcons 24-21 Seattle Seahawks
Houston Texans 23-20 Indianapolis Colts
Arizona Cardinals 30-21 New York Jets

Last Week: 7-8
Overall: 62-40

This Week:

Green Bay Packers 33-9 Chicago Bears
New York Giants 21-14 Los Angeles Rams
Indiannapolis Colts 24-21 Tennessee Titans
New Orleans Saints 27-21 Kansas City Chiefs
Washington Redskins 23-21 Detroit Lions
Buffalo Bills 21-20 Miami Dolphins
Cincinnati Bengals 36-6 Cleveland Browns
Oakland Raiders 33-17 Jacksonville Jaguars
Minnesota Vikings 21-20 Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens 21-14 New York Jets
Atlanta Falcons 30-27 San Diego Chargers
New England Patriots 27-20 Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers 14-13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Please????)
Seattle Seahawks 21-17 Arizona Cardinals
Houston Texans 20-17 Denver Broncos

The Redskins - Lions game was a rel nail-biter. It seems to me that Washington just wasn't as strong as they could have been and allowed Detroit to edge ahead and hold the lead. Detroit 20 - Washington 17

The Oakland - Jacksonville game was actually pretty good...it's been a real long time since Oakland looked this good. By long time, I mean children have been born and grown to adulthood since that last time they resembled their old selves! :lol:
Raiders 33 - Jaguars 16

And how about Arizona getting screwed over by Seattle? That was some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long while. Either those refs were from the Heller Keller school of the blind or they were there to throw the game...either way, that was a pathetic show of sportsmanship. If I ever wake up some morning with superpowers that let me go back in time, I'd take the Seahawks back with me to the 70's and let them get their ass kicked by the old-school Raiders or the Vikings and them see what's it's like to be beaten like a red-headed stepchild.
Anyway, the douchebags cheated...oops, I meant "tied" the Cardinals: 6 - 6

Oddly enough, USC didn't have a game this last week, but the next game will be Thursday against Cal.

nope...not surprised, but getting tired of it.

Back in the day, Oakland was the bad boys of the NFL...but they didn't cheat, they were just mean and weren't shy about it. I'd love to see Seattle get their ass seriously kicked old school, you know?

Yeah...I reserved comment on the Niners game because it was painful for me to watch and I'm not even a San Francisco fan. The Buccaneers were pounding them like a bent nail and I turned the channel to a different game.

In other news, Washington will take on Cinncinatti at Wembley Stadium next Sunday (30 October) afternoon.

Any particular cheat that you are alluding To?

The Cards had the ball 4 times in regulation within the Seattle 30, and only managed a single field goal.
Maybe they should have scored at least 2 FG and it never goes to OT?

BTW, I was actually in Arizona for this game, none of the Cards fans had anything to say obout officiating, it was about a missed FG and turning the ball over to the Hawks on 4th down inside the Seattle 30 yard line

Sherman's blatant pass interference, which cost the Cardinals a timeout because it wasn't reviewable.

Wagners's leap over the line of scrimmage to block the field goal in OT, he used a team mate and one of the Cardinal's line to get over the center - total penalty and it went un-noticed.

Then there's the constant facemask grabbing by Seattle...and it contrubuted to their 10 penalties that cost them a total of 90 yards.

etc. etc. etc.

And while I am not a Cardinals fan, I had to listen to my friends who are (for some weirds reason) and they were not happy about how the game was going - at all. So I had to sit through that game instead of watching the U.S. Grand Prix F1 race (which Hamilton won in a Mercedes).

So I'm not exactly a Seahawks fan, when I lived in the 'Peg I followed the Vikings because it was my local team, (sort of) so now I guess the Hawks are my local team (by default)

None of what you mentioned would be cheating of course - cheating would be using P.E.D.s or stealing a playbook or deflating a ball.
The stuff your buddies are whining about are fouls, if the ref didn't call it then it wasn't egregious to be called or the ref missed it, they can complain about the ref, or petition the NFL to crack down on it.

It's like the awful officiating against MY TEAM (Canucks) in the Stanly Cup final.
The refs missed some blatant fouls (like the slew foot against Raymond that broke his back)
I could bitch about the reffing, but at the end of the day, we lost the series because our goalie lost his focus and got gassed in games 3,4 &7
The Cards screwed up by not kicking a second FG in regulation, and by missing one in OT, not because of the officiating

Sherman's blatant pass interference, which cost the Cardinals a timeout because it wasn't reviewable.

If the NFL called pass interference strictly as written, every time, then players would soon stop.
Sherman sure isn't the first NFL player to interfere with the receiver, and why does he play the way he does? - because the refs usually don't call him on it. players play to the way the rules are enforced.

Arizona lost a timeout because their coach doesn't seem to know the rules.
Does the Arizona coach seriously not know which plays he can and can't challenge?
If a play isn't reviewable why would he be dumb enough to try to challenge it?
It's like a baseball player arguing balls & strikes and getting thrown out - how does that help your team?
You missed the call, complain and then get over it.

Wagners's leap over the line of scrimmage to block the field goal in OT, he used a team mate and one of the Cardinal's line to get over the center - total penalty and it went un-noticed.

It's actually not against the rules to jump and touch a player, you just can't land on a player.
Refs looked at it, it didn't break the rules so they didn't call it - that according to the NFL

Wagner's feet clipped Brewers back during the snap, but he cleared the long snapper otherwise. That, according to NFL senior vice president of officiating Dean Blandino, is not against the rules.
Seahawks' Bobby Wagner leaps Cardinals' long-snapper, blocks FG

Then there's the constant facemask grabbing by Seattle...and it contrubuted to their 10 penalties that cost them a total of 90 yards.
They got called on it all game, so what's the complaint? :/
I watched the Hawks make 3 plays in a row in the 4th quarter, catching for 15 - 20 yards each - and getting each wiped by a call. They ended up needing 30 yards for a 1st down.
If they keep that up they won't be winning many more games.

etc. etc. etc.
Don't know about the etc... :D

And while I am not a Cardinals fan, I had to listen to my friends who are (for some weirds reason) and they were not happy about how the game was going - at all. ).

If they are 49'ers fans I can only guess that they would prefer a Hawks loss and a Cards win, better chance to catch the Hawks at 4-2 rather than 5-1.

Are you a Raiders fan or a 49ers fan?
(or something else?)

No, we 49ers fans know there is no catching up with either Seattle or Arizona. Our team sucks at the moment, and that will not change until Jed York fires GM Trent Baalke and then himself steps down from the team.

No, we just hate the Seahawks and their arrogant fans.

If they are 49'ers fans I can only guess that they would prefer a Hawks loss and a Cards win, better chance to catch the Hawks at 4-2 rather than 5-1.

Are you a Raiders fan or a 49ers fan?
(or something else?)
I've been a Washington Redskins fan for ages.

I grew up in Southern California and while we had the Chargers and Rams as local teams, I preferred the Redskins. My Dad used to take me to the Coliseum for the traditional pre-season game between the Rams and the Niners for years, even.

As to why my friends like the Cards - I have no idea (they say that about me and Washington, so turnabout is fair play, I suppose). They grew up in the Southland with me and they used to like the St. Louis Cardinals before the moved to Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back