2018 FIFA World Cup (2 Viewers)

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

At least my weekend is now free!
My original synopsis for the game was a bore no score draw and then penalties.
The early goal upset that and Croatia had to come out.

I always liked watching the 3rd place game when Germany was in it. Never was a fairweather fan. Support your team through thick and thin. Good and bad. They played a good tournament. Results like this happen.

Sorry Guys ...

But England was defeated!!! Maybe next time. for 40 years, we are saying next time, we will pass group stage, and every time, we are defeated. So, do not disappoint. imo, WC Winner is Croatia.

btw, i didnt see any of matches, as always.

Smokey, every fan of every good team has felt exactly what you are feeling. God knows as a Germany fan I have felt it.

Your team played a great tournament, and will be good for years to come. Euro 2020 is just around the corner.
Thanks. That actually makes me feel a little better, and im not even being sarcastic. lol But being born a decade after the '66' world cup winners i've never seen England win anything, or even come close for that matter. Two semi finals in 50 years, that's pretty poor......

Thanks. That actually makes me feel a little better, and im not even being sarcastic. lol But being born a decade after the '66' world cup winners i've never seen England win anything, or even come close for that matter. Two semi finals in 50 years, that's pretty poor......

It is a tough tournament to win.

It is a tough tournament to win.
I understand that. And many nations have never even won it once, so i guess thats something. But im including the European championships in that too. What is it that makes countries like Germany, Italy, France, Argentina, Brazil and even Portugal either win, or go further more regular than England? Some say because of our ban from european football during the 80's left us behind. But i dont buy that, and certainly not now over 30 years later. Are european players just better than English players? I mean Ireland, Scotland and Wales are even worse, so there must be an underlying reason other than just badluck or bad tactics....

Oddly enough, i just found this. Although im not so sure its correct....
View: https://youtu.be/12gck3xr3C0

Last edited:
Just a thought Smokey. Maybe it is because foreign players play in the English league and not to many English players play in other nation's leagues. This gives an advantage to foreign players as they understand the English style of play better.

No that is not it Milosh. Most don't play in the English leagues either. They are pretty spread out throughout Europe. Most of the German team that won 2014 played for Bayern Munich and Dortmund for instance.

I think it is more because of the youth development. I can only really speak for Germany but I was not kidding when I said that the youth development in is world class, and taken very seriously. The National Team coaching staff works hand in hand with the youth acadamies which are like bording schools as well. The kids live there, go to school, and learn how to play additionally.

On top of that, they have always had strong leaderdhip (which is what was missing here in 2018), and they played as a cohesive team (which was not happening because of the lack of leadership). Because of this the German team is almost always a good tournament team.

England needs to find that...

They might have finally done that.

Another lackluster game by the Limeys. Glad I am watching more of the hydroplanes races from Valleyfield PQ.

Another lackluster game by the Limeys. Glad I am watching more of the hydroplanes races from Valleyfield PQ.
Awful game, Kane especially looked half asleep. Kane and Lukaku are the present two top scorers, both had terrible games.

IMG_20180714_202017.jpg

Who was it, that said it was coming home???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back