2022 World Cup - Qatar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So. The bastardization of the World Cup starts tomorrow and of course I am going to watch it, damn me.

Monday, 1:00 PM on FOX it's the USA vs. a much superior Wales. I have grave misgivings we will get out of group. We just aren't that good.

We should have sent the US women's team.

So. The bastardization of the World Cup starts tomorrow and of course I am going to watch it, damn me.

Monday, 1:00 PM on FOX it's the USA vs. a much superior Wales. I have grave misgivings we will get out of group. We just aren't that good.

We should have sent the US women's team.
I just listened to a guy talking about this group. Obviously Wales and England are in it so covered a lot in UK. The USA team is the second youngest in the competition, it is formed very much with the next world cup in mind. You have some good players from the English premier league and others in Europe, and it is a team game. As for the World Cup itself, a complete screw up in every way by every one. I will be glad when its over. Already Benzema, Balon d'Or winner and Sadio Mane, African player of the year are out with injuries, along with many others. Some guy just shredded $10,000 because David Beckham did or didnt do something he was or was not supposed to do that had nothing at all to do with Beckham to start with. Anyway, someone has been taught a lesson they wont remember ever. Maybe there should be a special awards ceremony like the Oscars for the most pointless protest and ridiculous gesture.

First game in one hour.

Qatar vs. Ecuador

I hope Ecuador destroys them.
Ecuador captain takes a bath after losing 5-1 to Qatar, in a record breaking match Qatar were awarded 8 penalties and only missed 3.

1668958032219.png

It over ran by so long I missed 4 goals, I had to collect my daughter. VAR distinguished itself again, only proving that anything can be a penalty or not depending on the officials mood. That is two one sided games out of two so far, and FIFA want to expand this to 48 teams.

Way to much stoppage time. It was like overtime was being played.

Final score 6:2 for England.

Next up Netherlands vs. Senegal
My wife is not the sporting type, she doesnt care about the result, but being a Liverpool fan she doesnt want van Dijk injured. A shame Sadio Mane isnt playing, that would have made a great game.

I do wish Mane was playing. Such a great player. I'm glad he plays for my club side Bayern München.
He was an all time Liverpool great, in most peoples opinion Liverpool should have kept him no matter what and let Salah go. I think they developed real "issues" playing together at Liverpool and against each other in the African cup. Mane is one of the few footballers who genuinely has the grace of a ballet dancer. You are lucky to have him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back