352nd Fighter Group "Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just in case I was unclear hear is what I was referring to. My line is a little faint but I hope you can see it.:lol:

Attachments

• P7040530 Hs' P-51 line shown..jpg
    P7040530 Hs' P-51 line shown..jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 96
Yes Aaron is right. Both of the rear window edges aren't straight. You have to correct that by sanding. Do it very carefully. If you have still some of the sandpaper ( grid 800 ) and a piece of a thin slap you can make a kind of a file by sticking a strip of the sandpaper to that slap. Also I would suggest using a piece of masking tape to cover the glasses in order to hide and protect these parts that have to stay there. In addition the edge of masking tape can set the line you have to sand down the glass edge to.

Warning... don't stick the masking tape to these areas of the fuselage with decals. It will cause damages to decal markings.

Attachments

• p51cockpitfit6.jpg
    p51cockpitfit6.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 80
I'm sort of starting to think I should have left it....The tape I used to cover the windows ripped off the decal PZ on both sides....and then one window had to be polished cause when I removed the tape it fell and got glue on it.....canopies are the worst part of a model...

As much as I dont want to I'll just steal decals from another birds but I just turned a good model into a pretty crumby one....

Wojtek I can't get the curve out, and you can see the missing decals in the pictures...I'll just steal ones from another decal set but its still pretty aggravating that they got ripped off.

Also, the window that needs to be fixed....:(

Attachments

• P7040532.JPG
    P7040532.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P7040533.JPG
    P7040533.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 81
Oh boy... Harry, have you read my note about the masking tape in my post #563? Also could you tell me how it happened these rear glasses have the front edges still curved? These should have been straight.

I did and I had the tape on thats what ripped the decals off and then after that the window was yanked out by it and fell.....

Its just bound to happen to me, I wish I could just buy a new one :lol: and I've tried over and over but it still wont go straight! :confused:

I try to rub the window against the sandpaper so I can check if its flat and I can keep the window straight so I'm not sanding on an angle but its not working...

Might have to step away from this one awhile so I don't throw it into a wall....:lol:

Also I have to go were heading out to a 4th of July party, hopefully my decals for the Do-17 and canopy mask come so that can get off the bench and I can regain my motivation for this one.

Yes it is Wojtek but re-attatching them is my worst enemy.

Thanks Aaron, I don't have super small files but I have jeweler files.

I think you need to replace them with new ones. Unfortunetely you sanded these incorrectly and too much. And it is not possible now to get the straight edges for them with proper dimensions now. All you can do now is to remove them gently. Do that my friend. We will think about them later again.

Last edited:
Of course you can order them but it isn't necessary. Look around..there should be a kind of clear thick foil from wrapped goods. It would be nice if a piece of a such box was of a little bit bended up surfaces. You know, these rear glasses weren't flat right?

I see but the time of delivering can be quite long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back